Back to forum

Question for all who train

Author Comments

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 15th March 2004 at 18:28

Who's entering from Sheffield anyway? and who else will be coming up?

Is Marc and Sweaty Gi coming up? --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 15th March 2004 at 21:24

me and adam only pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 15th March 2004 at 22:26

NO WAY!!! There must be more than 2 going! You're obviously gonna whoop arse (sorry for blowing sunshine up your arse) unless you meet Dave in the final of course :p, but I suppose you're different weights.

Adam is surely about to deal out some serious sh*t, he's had enough training before getting competing, just make sure he relaxes and does what he's best at. Not sure if he ever comes across this message board to read that himself.

I thought on SFUK you said you had a whole crowd going? Mind you, I remember what it's like with people dropping out.

Still nearly tempted to compete myself. A massive break like this always seems to get my technique upto perfect condition, but we'll have to see... --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Tuesday 16th March 2004 at 08:53

What tournament are you guys talking about and when and where is it on? your information would be helpful. Cheers. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Tuesday 16th March 2004 at 14:00

I'm not entering because I've only trained three times since I had six months out with injury. And it turns out that:

a) I'm now a fat bastard with no stamina.
b) I can hardly remember any technique at all.
c) I'm shit.

Obviously all of these were true 6 months ago as well, it's just worse now.

And I think the tournament is somewhere up in Newcastle this weekend. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 16th March 2004 at 14:27

the team is gonna be built for marc's tourny at SENI on 25th April, gonna get everyone one in shape for that one.

We are bullshitting about a big team on SFUK, bit of hype, I wont meet Speedy in the final as he's a Purple belt now and is having a superfight with Varqa Abyaneh, all bets are on dave. (I've trained with Varqa and he's been given a purple belt after only a year and he aint that good) pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

steve

Resident

217 posts

Sunday 21st March 2004 at 21:59

Andy,

Is Varqa the guy who was out front next to yourself at Bolton, when we were doing the guard passing? "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

steve

Resident

217 posts

Sunday 21st March 2004 at 22:05

PS. sorry for the bang on the nose, totally unintentional but I felt guilty about it so thought I should get up straight away and let someone else in. Sfuked up really as I was looking forward to a decent tussle and learning a bit from it, cause you are about my weight and size and I would have liked to see how long I could last out before getting subbed. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i