Back to forum

New Dude

Author Comments

TrapDoor

Regular

20 posts

Saturday 22nd May 2004 at 17:59

hey guys i've been in his class almost a month now and i'm pretty close to having sukikata down pat, then i'll just have to perfect the steps.

I complained a lot about the teacher before i was truely able to pass judgement. Shihan is a great instructor who truely cares for each and everyone of his students. I found out that he has been suffering from arthritis for a long time but he still is very active and fit when instructing, or he gets sensai to help us out.

I love the class and I wish I could live there, honestly.

steve

Resident

217 posts

Saturday 22nd May 2004 at 22:20

I love a happy ending....pass me the tissues! "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Sunday 23rd May 2004 at 16:04

is your instructor calles master or sifu My prediction is pain

TrapDoor

Regular

20 posts

Sunday 23rd May 2004 at 18:33

we call him shihan

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Monday 24th May 2004 at 12:51

why? My prediction is pain

TrapDoor

Regular

20 posts

Thursday 3rd June 2004 at 21:36

as a sign of respect and because that is his title as the teacher of the class.

though we don't say we learn UNDER him, we learn WITH him. he tries to keep it as equal as possible while still teaching respect and discipline.

MICKQ

5 posts

Friday 4th June 2004 at 18:29

Hi this is my first time ever to use this site. I started ju-jitsu when I was 17 and trained for about 12 years. I left due to an injury and work requirements and have only rercently returned after being away for 5 years. Where I live does not have a J J class within 20 miles. I have tried other arts but did not find them as enjoyable or as effective as J J. i would recomend that you give it a go, what have you got to lose.
MICK