Back to forum

Weapon Defence

Author Comments

Adam Mckay

3 posts

Thursday 13th May 2004 at 17:45

If Bjj is good for street fighting, does it teach you defence against weapons? If not what is the best art for defending against various weapons?

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Thursday 13th May 2004 at 19:12

I personally dont think any martial arts are any good for defence against weapons. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Thursday 13th May 2004 at 22:40

if somebody comes tooled up there is really not that much to do, maybe keeping as far from them as possible, so they cant bash or stab you, hide (if a gun). get a weapon, i mean pick one up not carry a cosh in your bag, if a guy comes at you with a bottle pick up and stool and bash him good with it.
try to stay away from situations where someone would want to use a weapon on you My prediction is pain

the_little_dragon

Regular

33 posts

Friday 14th May 2004 at 10:56

People who use weapons in a fight are pussys who cant use their fists. Standard. Theres nothing much more to say.

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 14th May 2004 at 11:50

so if you were getting attacked by a guy with a knife, you wouldnt pick something up to bash him up with?

not saying i disagree, but if a guy comes at me tooled up hes gonna take a bashing with whatever i want to use My prediction is pain

steve

Resident

217 posts

Saturday 15th May 2004 at 00:39

Its a stupid person that tries to defend against a weapon when he doesnt absolutely have to, but I agree entirely with Ross...keep as much distance as possible and also make as much time as possible, stalling tactics verbally etc, the longer the guy thinks about what he is threatening to do, the more chance of him losing his bottle (no pun intended). If not working grab the biggest weapon you can find (remember the Crocodile Dundee thing with the bigger knife...well works with a big stick or bottle or chair just as well) or if nothing available then prepare to explode with every big bomb you have in your arsenal & hope for the best. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Saturday 15th May 2004 at 15:06

i saw a guy take a horrible injury last night, he got hit in the head with a brick, and was pouring blood waiting for the news to see if hes dead or not.

yes weapons are for fags, but if it hits you, your fucked My prediction is pain

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Sunday 16th May 2004 at 10:35

Weapons arent for fags they are simply the reality of life! Are soldiers fags coz they all use fancy weapons instead of all getting together and having a big scrap to determin who wins a fight or war? I dont think so.
Real life aint queensbury rules of having a square go no matter how much we kid ourselves.
If you get cut, you get cut, if you get shot or stabbed then you get shot or stabbed and ofcourse if you get killed then your fucked its to late and no matter how much we say thats not fair or hes a fag for using a weapon the truth is your seriously injured or dead and he beat you, STANDARD!!! True life is a life or death situation were no rules apply so PLEASE wake up.

Do what it takes to survive and ask questions later. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Monday 17th May 2004 at 16:53

wake up to what, i think its pretty obvious from the thread and/or posts that we were'nt talking about soldier using weapons. we were talking about in the street, yes they are a reality but they are for fags, when have you ever seen someone who cold beat the other guy in a straight fight using a weapon if the other guy didnt pull one, please say cause i haven't.
I never said it was queensbury rules either did i.

"If you get cut, you get cut"
"if you get shot or stabbed then you get shot or stabbed"
"of course if you get killed then your fucked"

thanks for that captain obvious *rolls eyes*

My prediction is pain

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Tuesday 18th May 2004 at 16:05

Ross i mentioned soldiers because they use weapons and the reason they use wapons is coz they get the fucking job done in a real life or death situation. Correct me if im wrong but arent all street confrontations potential life or death situations? Hence the mention about soldiers and the fact they use weapons!!! Its all relevent!

Real Life aint a square go with fists and hasnt been since man first existed. If someone rams a glass ashtray in your face or uses any other form of weapon (like the brick you mentioned)to harm you he isnt a faggot it simply means he is willing to go one step further to beat you and im afraid Mr clever cunt its human nature to do whatever it takes to win/survive!

If your the Ross i think you are then your the guy who has fought in cages which has loads of rules and is a million miles away from being a real situation so i can understand why you think people who use weapons are faggots!!! You have a sport/martial arts mentality when it comes to the real stuff.
Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Wednesday 19th May 2004 at 13:51

hi McFly i am probably the Ross your thinking of and when did i ever say i had a sports or martial arts mentality.

you have your opinion and i have mine. Mentioning soldiers does indeed so that weapons get the job done, but soldiers are different to pissed up wankers in a pub, that want to talk shit act hard, then when somone slaps them about they grab a weapon.

if this is the dave im thinking of, your the same guy that always argues with me, continuously using 'bird anti logic'.
Thanks ever so much for telling me that weapons work i would never have thought that was true, another tour of duty for "captain obvious"

My prediction is pain

Stevo

Regular

32 posts

Wednesday 19th May 2004 at 15:05

The best defence against weapons are you hands, feet. Any part of ya body. Anyone attacking with an object or weapon is at a disadvantage!! 'Wing Chun 4 Life'

'Wing Chun 4 Life'

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Wednesday 19th May 2004 at 15:45

Maybe if you're Batfink, but since very few of us have wings of steal, I think we're better off running. Don't make me sweat, you won't like me when I'm sweaty!

Stupid Kids

16 posts

Wednesday 19th May 2004 at 18:58

Soldiers can't run, executive protection agents(bodygaurds) can't run, if they do, thier principle and/or mission lay on the line. Hense, soldiers fight til the death, period.
On the street, yes, run like hell, unless you are a family man out with your wife and child who could never keep up if you jolted. Again, no choice but defense. Most of these cases could be avoided by identifing situations in which you are vunerable..i.e..a couple of jerks hanging out in the parking lot obvoiusly not walking to thier car. Ideally, pick an alternative route or hang back until they pass. But, bottom line, if it's too late for anything else and you are engauged with a freak bent on beating/killing you with a weapon, I got one suggestion.
Every part of thier body is a target, and every part of your body, or what you can reach is a weapon.

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Thursday 20th May 2004 at 10:24

stupid kids have slapped the ass of the correct My prediction is pain

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Thursday 20th May 2004 at 18:48

Its all good crack though ross.

Pinch of salt man thats how i take it and im sure you do to. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

steve

Resident

217 posts

Thursday 20th May 2004 at 21:35

I must be weird, cos I never seem to end up in situations where someone might have a pop at me, with or without weapons, then again maybe its just that I never put myself in the situation in the first place.

Its usually possible to recognise a threat, or a place where threat may be lurking...knobheads and their behavior patterns stand out a mile...unless you are in the security game (someone has got to be or the knobheads would just take over) or happen to live slap bang in the middle of 'violence-ville' with no financial position to get out, then avoidance is there if you want it.

Hard men have hard lives because that is what they want to have!

Good martial artists / sportspersons enjoy hard training but do not feel the need to take it outside the cage. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 21st May 2004 at 15:14

no steve i give you alot of credit for staying out of trouble as i do for my bestest buddy whos never had a fight.
i think my problem is i have strong opinions on things i.e. i dislike bullying, so if i see some cunt pushing around a smaller guy ill say somthing.

all credit to you..
and dave, its all on the net mate My prediction is pain

shady

5 posts

Tuesday 1st June 2004 at 20:57

Well I would have to disagree with you the_little_dragon "People who use weapons in a fight are pussys who cant use their fists. Standard. Theres nothing much more to say." People who use weapons in fights should be fair and lose the weapon or give one to his advisery, but in general no weapons arent for pussies, I have taken personal training lessons just to learn how to use a number of weapons. Alot of people might just learn to use them just for show like at competitions like I do. If I were to get into a rumble with an unknown person I wouldnt use any weapons even if I had them with me unless ofcourse he himself has a weapon and I fee; threatened but if you knew my background of what arts and styles I've learned over the last 15 years; I wouldnt want to rumble with me. Currently training in: Kenpo, Tang Soo Do, Kyokushin, Kuk Sul Won and Chi Kung

Currently training in: Kenpo,

shady

5 posts

Tuesday 1st June 2004 at 21:10

Disregard my previous post. I misunderstood what the argument was about and didnt finish reading all of the posts, I didnt know you were talking about on the streets. So disregard my previous post. Currently training in: Kenpo, Tang Soo Do, Kyokushin, Kuk Sul Won and Chi Kung

Currently training in: Kenpo,