Back to forum

Adam 'Lizard Boy' Marshall

Author Comments

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Wednesday 2nd June 2004 at 22:44

Apologies to people who haven't got a clue what I'm going on about here. We'll have to get an mpeg of the Adam lizard claw action on the internet.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=natural+enemy+of+the+lizard&meta=

Check out the first link. I don't even have to change my username.

But no-one wants to be a dirty great fish, so I carried on looking. Sparrow hawk is the best I can do, and that's still crap.

But, the prize for quote of the day has to go to http://www.zoo.org/educate/fact_sheets/day/legless.htm which invites us to "think about it, the ability to drop your tail is beneficial to a lizard". Dropping your tail seems like nothing but a bad idea to me.

"I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 3rd June 2004 at 02:35

OK I must be missing something here, the first link is to 'Top Dog Lizard' ain't it? --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Thursday 3rd June 2004 at 10:15

Adam is the lizard boy and I'm his enemy. But what animal is, in fact, the enemy of the lizard? That is the question.

I guess without seeing his impression of a lizard, this doesn't make much sense. You should come to training more. And don't give me this distance excuse either. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

fingercuffs

Regular

33 posts

Wednesday 9th June 2004 at 13:19

Sorry about the delay in responding here. i was honing the "lizard claw". From what i can make out, that top dog lizard is the enemy of bass (fishmonger), therefore i am your predator. what you want is something that can totally fuck up the lizard.
I'm thinking some sort of bird of prey (i wont mention my previous suggestions).
Why would you want to be a fish? they're crap. take them out of water and they just do a few sit up's and then get knackered. mean fighting skill :/ ....Although it's kind of fitting

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Wednesday 9th June 2004 at 17:15

I would say "we'll see about that" but you keep avoiding training in favour of beer gardens (fair enough really). Anyway, I did say "no-one wants to be a dirty great fish", so I agree. I just found this:

Kingsnakes and racers will eat lizards at every opportunity. The roadrunner, a bird that lives on glades in southwest Missouri, is a primary lizard eater. Hawks are important lizard predators. Skunks and badgers dig up lizard eggs. Unfortunately, house cats have proven to be a primary predator of all species of lizards.

My impression of a kingsnake might scare people (and get me put on the sex offenders register) so that's out, plus cats are crap and hawks are boring.

So, after the sweat-fest that was training on Monday, skunk could be the best option I have. And given the amount of beans I ate today, the impression will be pretty accurate too. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 9th June 2004 at 23:06

You guys really aren't giving much to latch on to.

But now what type of lizard are we walking about? Are lizards cannibals? --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

fingercuffs

Regular

33 posts

Thursday 10th June 2004 at 17:06

Sounds like you've got a lot to choose from there. personally i'd be edging towards the badger (wish it was beaver).

Rob i'm not really any kind of lizard (more generic really) but in order to judge you need to be familiar with the deadly art of "lizard claw", known only to regulars at gracie barra sheffield

Lagartinho (aka fingercuffs, aka Adam)

beware the lizard claw!!