Back to forum

chi

Author Comments

Jesse

16 posts

Tuesday 8th June 2004 at 03:54

whats your guys take on chi, is it real or a bunch of bull?

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Tuesday 8th June 2004 at 19:26

its bull My prediction is pain

TrapDoor

Regular

20 posts

Wednesday 9th June 2004 at 15:37

What's the difference between chi and ki?

Jesse

16 posts

Thursday 10th June 2004 at 02:56

i guess their the same thing, inner engergy and stuff, just depends on translation. The japanese character chi means power yet the japanense character ki means tree. but i don't know if its any different in kanji

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Thursday 10th June 2004 at 10:23

Inner energy ? Isn't chi and ki, japanese for farts ? One being more powerful than the other. Don't make me sweat, you won't like me when I'm sweaty!

Sir Moonface

Regular

26 posts

Thursday 10th June 2004 at 18:34

Well, this forum has sunk to new depths with this subject.

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 10th June 2004 at 23:43

See, that's what happens when you leave us for so long. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

steve

Resident

217 posts

Friday 11th June 2004 at 00:16

Chi is real, but what it is nobody really knows. Why some people can 'feel it' and cultivate it and others cannot is also a mystery.

I have seen 'feats' performed using chi and experienced it occasionally, but have I cultivated it for use at will in a split second instance? the answer is no and I don't expect ever to be able to do so. Very few people can use it 'at will' and to use it 'powerfully' it takes a lot of preparation to 'build up', so cannot be 'turned on' instantly. It does not work when 'projected' on everybody, but only on those who are receptive to it. It cannot be delivered by physical means but is delivered by thought process (e.g. does not flow when the body is 'pumped' but rather when it is 'relaxed', etc.

There are different types of chi, wei-chi (defensive chi / ability to absorb impacts without bodily damage like when the shoulin monks bend spears against their throats) nei-chi (developmental chi / health related as gained through tai-chi type exercise to strengthen body organs) and what the chinese term 'ling kong jing' (chi that can be projected from one person to another to inflict damage a sort of energy waveform transmition). Kirlian (sp?) photography has evidenced this energy being projected.

Whether you believe any of this is up to you, unless you have witnessed it you probably won't.

A simple way to see if you can feel it is to hold your hands about 2or3 inches apart from each other, with relaxed slightly bent arms, palms facing and fingers relaxed, spread and slightly curled.Then using very slow relaxed actions move your palms toward and away fom each other (only about 1/4 inch of movement)in a regular fashion (couple of movements per second, in a relaxed manner with slow shallow breathing. Think of there being a magnetic field between your two hands a bit like opposing ends of two magnets (like the old school experiments) and concentrate on the feeling of the 'space' between your hands. If you experience the feeling of there being a force between your hands (like you are squeezing a sponge ball), then you are experiencing chi.

The more you you practice this, and more relaxed you become whan doing it, the greater distance between your hand at which you will still be able to feel it, and eventually you will be able to rotate your hands as though they are circling the 'sponge ball'. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 11th June 2004 at 08:46

Steve, can you honestly not write a post that's less than 2 paragraphs?

I can hardly ever be bothered reading your posts, even tho there's an extremely slim chance you make sense. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 11th June 2004 at 09:29

I think Steve's talking about doing fireball attacks like Ryu does in Street Fighter II. Fireball attacks are awesome. I'm gonna give up this jiu-jitsu lark and start studying this tea, or ka or whatever it's called. And when I burn your asses* you'll all be sorry.

* note that I don't mean in the same way that Rob burns underage people's asses

"I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 11th June 2004 at 17:51

steve please sum your huge post in one sentence, then i will consider reading your drivvle about inner power and chii. My prediction is pain

steve

Resident

217 posts

Friday 11th June 2004 at 20:29

Yet again I've bored or irritated...good to know I'm not losing my touch. And this arse burning thing..something to do with developing fast twitching muscle? Nah...think I'll stick to the chi training. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

steve

Resident

217 posts

Friday 11th June 2004 at 20:33

PS my posts are still a lot shorter than the record breaking missives which Sarahg91 used to write (though they were always good reading). "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 12th June 2004 at 00:06

Although yours are never short-enough.

Nobody wants an essay, some of us have grown out of that, others have enough of that still at uni.

Give clear, concise answers, otherwise people won't read them, as Ross and myself as an example, don't flood the forum, just give your views as quickly as possible.

If anyone wanted your level of info, we'd go and buy a book, simple as.

Don't take this harshly, but this forum isn't a book-group. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Saturday 12th June 2004 at 10:21

Chi is bollocks, read the thread exposing george dillman on the underground pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Tuesday 15th June 2004 at 18:07

Chi ki ka or whatever you call it is without out doubt a pile of crap. Those of you (steve) that are still stupid enough to believe in it need to take a step back have a look and seriously think just what a load of shit it really is.

Regarding George Dillman i attended a seminar that he took and 98% of what he taught was a load of bollocks and was more trickery and illussion than reality. Ive also attended seminars under Russ Stutely and he taught the same load of bollocks. Basically some people could say they fly and a million muppets will believe them no matter how insane or unreal it is but hey thats life. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Tuesday 15th June 2004 at 18:12

And i meant without flying aids or being in a plane or flying craft.

Steve do all the people in your neck of the woods fly from tree to tree like in the old chinese martial arts flicks? Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Jesse

16 posts

Thursday 17th June 2004 at 01:15

i really think that if people could really fly and kill people by throwing balls of energy at them it would be all over the news and stuff.

steve

Resident

217 posts

Thursday 17th June 2004 at 20:07

Who ever decided George Dillman & Russel Stuteley were an authority on chi? Pressure points & nerves i.e. where it hurts when I nip you, maybe.

When has G.D. ever demonstrated his 'chi' placing an professional archery arrow against his cheekbone and having someone push the back end of it till it bowed and snapped without leaving any trace of damage?

Dont discount what you have never really seen or experienced. As I said in earlier post there are very few who can cultivate and utilise chi. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 18th June 2004 at 16:04

" When has G.D. ever demonstrated his 'chi' placing an professional archery arrow against his cheekbone and having someone push the back end of it till it bowed and snapped without leaving any trace of damage? "

don't be ridiculas My prediction is pain