Ju-jitsu

Author Comments
Stevo Regular 32 posts
Hi All,

I currently have a knee injury but once it is cleared up I am looking to start a form of ju-jitsu to accompany my Wing chun training. I was just wondering which would be the best style to learn?? Brazilian, Defendo (british), Japanese???

Any help and/or explanations or the diffrences would be great

Cheers Stevo 'Wing Chun 4 Life'
'Wing Chun 4 Life'
steve Resident 217 posts
Ju-jitsu groundfighting find your nearest Gracie-Barra club.

An 'aiki-jujitsu' club for intricate throwing & joint locking (though not very realistic in a true combat forum). Also so many fragmentations of Trad JJ its very hard without experience to determine a good club from a bad one.

A British Judo Association club for realistic throwing.

Any sub wrestling / grappling club for groundfighting, though if not a true BJJ style then 'depth' of techniques base may be limited. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"
"Its not the size of the dog i
Ross Regular 100 posts
brazilian jiujitsu will help you with your grappling and submissions.
defendo will not help you at all.

My prediction is pain
Stevo Regular 32 posts
Thanks for the replies. I wil be looking up a gracie barra club as soon as my knee is better. I live in essex so can anyone recommend a good club??? 'Wing Chun 4 Life'
'Wing Chun 4 Life'
andy Resident 729 posts
marc walders, he's a brown belt under carlos gracie junior. trains at 110 becontree avenue, dagenham pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com
"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"
andy Resident 729 posts
marc walders, he's a brown belt under carlos gracie junior. trains at 110 becontree avenue, dagenham pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com
"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"
Stevo Regular 32 posts
I have heard of him so I will give him a ring soon and c what the deal is. 'Wing Chun 4 Life'
'Wing Chun 4 Life'
Streetwise steve Newbie 9 posts
'Wing Chun 4 Life'

Loser
Stevo Regular 32 posts
Your funny 'Wing Chun 4 Life'
'Wing Chun 4 Life'
YOU'RE consistent (albeit fucking stupid). i'll make you a deal... i'll be nicer if you try being smarter.
Stevo Regular 32 posts
Whatever turns you on 'Streetwise Steve' 'Wing Chun 4 Life'
'Wing Chun 4 Life'
no problem steve'O'myfuckinggodimsostupid
Stevo Regular 32 posts
If you refrained from making stupid comments in the first place then we wouldn't be having this petty exchange of words. This is not a place for you to insult people. If you wish to talk Martial Arts then cool. If you don't....then I ain't responding to your posts anymore. Plain and Simple, take it or leave it. 'Wing Chun 4 Life'
'Wing Chun 4 Life'
i leave it. thanks all the same. screw you you damn hippy