Back to forum

newbie sorry!!

Author Comments

slappy squirrel

3 posts

Tuesday 15th June 2004 at 23:45

hi everyone, seems a cool site. have my 1st ever grading on sat and am so nervous, esp with the breakfalls and rolls. every time i attempt them i end up giving my chiropractor money!! any advise on how not to inflict pain... thanks whom so ever touches a trace leaves

whom so ever touches a trace l

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Wednesday 16th June 2004 at 13:08

do it properly My prediction is pain

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 16th June 2004 at 18:46

Relax. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

slappy squirrel

3 posts

Wednesday 16th June 2004 at 22:20

cheers mate i would never of thought of that! but seriously after three bluddy hrs i think ive managed to get it sorted still hurting my shoulder a little bit but ech whadda you gonna do. relaxing does work, though i found linkin park good to. cheers! whom so ever touches a trace leaves

whom so ever touches a trace l

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 17th June 2004 at 00:29

relaxing is the trick to break-falling, but usally does take a few months (maybe a year or so) to get used to. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

mrturk

1 posts

Thursday 17th June 2004 at 03:19

You maybe performing your break fall from too upright a position. Try bending your knees more to get yourself closer to the ground. The same advice will help on your kaitens or rolls as well.

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Thursday 17th June 2004 at 14:10

rob why did you ever worry about me slamming you if your breakfalls are so good? My prediction is pain

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 17th June 2004 at 17:26

Ross, you fight at pro level, I don't. It wasn't the slamming I was worried about, it's the whole package. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

steve

Resident

217 posts

Thursday 17th June 2004 at 19:57

if breakfalls are taught properly by an experienced coach, and you do it the way you are told & shown, then they should not be hurting you. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 18th June 2004 at 16:02

no rob, you used to say "please dont slam me all the time when we rolled or wrestled, even beofr ei had picked you up.

if your breakfalls are done correctly you should not mind if i was to slam you or not My prediction is pain