Back to forum

Boxing

Author Comments

Adam Mckay

3 posts

Monday 21st June 2004 at 17:28

Some people believe boxing is enough for self- defence, do you agree?

Stevo

Regular

32 posts

Tuesday 22nd June 2004 at 08:34

I disagree with that statement. Boxers are skilled fighters but once things are taken to the floor or closer than arms length then boxers will become very uncomfortable and probably useless. Boxing is only any good when used with another martial art. 'Wing Chun 4 Life'

'Wing Chun 4 Life'

the_little_dragon

Regular

33 posts

Tuesday 22nd June 2004 at 17:14

Western Boxing is one of the best styles out there. It`s fast, powerful and lethal when someone knows how to box.

Everyone knows boxing is one of the most deadly fighting sciences out there.

Boxing is great when used on it`s own, but even better when combined with another fighting method such as BJJ.

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Tuesday 22nd June 2004 at 19:56

steve yet again is wrong.

lil dragon is correct, boxing is very strong and sharpe and usually taught by good coaches who make their students better.

boxing and wrestling is a great combination My prediction is pain

Jesse

16 posts

Friday 25th June 2004 at 01:09

Boxing alone isn't enough, it has to many restrictions in it. its just not well rounded enough

the_little_dragon

Regular

33 posts

Friday 25th June 2004 at 21:52

what do u mean by too many restrictions? In the ring there are but if a boxer was to box noholds barred he could be quite dangerous, you know. Errr, Mike Tyson maybe?!

greywolf

9 posts

Friday 25th June 2004 at 23:12

Hello, Im new to the forum.

Anyone that trains in any style of fighting or self defence is going to better than those who dont. No one art is comparable to the next. No one style is better than the next. Those who get wrapped up in comparisons will only prevent themselves from learning more. Cobie Wells

Cobie Wells

Jesse

16 posts

Sunday 27th June 2004 at 20:16

by restrictions i mean that boxing is all about punching, no kicking, or ground fighting, its kind of limited in that way

steve

Resident

217 posts

Monday 28th June 2004 at 12:37

Ross,

Not me that's wrong IYO this time.

Stevo is another dude. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i