Regular

33 posts

Saturday 3rd July 2004 at 19:55

www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/quotes.htm

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Sunday 4th July 2004 at 10:31

Bwahahahahahahahahaha at the irony of having anything about bruce lee on a site called fightingmaster.com

i know enough about 'real' fighting and enough abotu bruce lee to know he wasnt very big, or strong compared to todays mma professional athletes.
They would smash him that is all My prediction is pain

Stevo

Regular

32 posts

Sunday 4th July 2004 at 12:47

Your are correct that he wasn't very big but he was extremely strong, stronger than most MMA fighters, quicker than all MMA fighters and more skillful to say the least. 'Wing Chun 4 Life'

'Wing Chun 4 Life'

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Sunday 4th July 2004 at 21:28

wheres your proof he was strong? wheres your proof he was faster?

Todays top MMA fighter proof in every fight how fit, fast, strong and tough they are.

bruce looked strong and fit but looking strong and fit doesnt mean you are.

you are not making any valid points, just saying the same thing over and over, ufc and pride fighters are porfessional fighting athletes bruce lee was a martial arts innovator and film star, he never fought anyone as tough as the mma fighter do, hes never beat anyone tough. My prediction is pain

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Tuesday 6th July 2004 at 17:34

The fact is one guy is dead and the other way past his fighting days(Aint life a bitch). Both were quality at what they did end of story.
And to the question, we'll never know who would have won so whats the point in this dispute? Without them ever actually getting into gear then the question cant be answered, full stop.

P.S.
Regarding the speed of both fighters, i think Ali had the advantage there, I mean the guy could flick a light switch and be in bed b4 the room went dark! Now thats fucking quick. :-)HaHa Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Ry

Regular

13 posts

Tuesday 6th July 2004 at 17:59

Bruce and Ali are both defensive fighters who rely on their reflexes to fight. This being the case I don't think either would win, they would end up staring at each other waiting for the other to move. They are both smart too, so they'd test each other for a long time. Anyway, it is true that ali can take hits, but you have to remember that he prided himslef in never getting hit. When he fought joe frasier the first time one punch was enough to stumble Ali. Ali also never truely had a strong punch, his jab was strong, but he didn't have much of a finishing blow. He used his mind to defeat his opponents(watch his matches, he psychologically abuses his opponents in the ring). Outside the ring he spoke like a true champ. Now Bruce Lee is a little different. Lee never believed in styles and in doing so discovered the most useful and effective moves. He was also in a lot better shape then Ali. Ali was in great shape as well, but Bruce was known for going to Karate convensions and doing 100 one-handed pushups on his index finger like it was nothing. He also poineered full contact sparring. Also in a lot of his movies he would get knocked around pretty hard. Lee was also had a lot more devastating of a punch, surprisingly. His one inch punch could easily send a normal person to the floor. His kicks were on a whole different level. In practice he would break the arms of people holding those kicking bags while also sending them about twenty feet back. He was also a master of psychological warfare, just like Ali. He could analyse you and know exactly what was wrong with your style, and then tell you. He also knew how to break patterns, and boxing is based upon rythm. I am leaning towards Bruce then Ali, but the match is too well rounded to tell.

Ry

Regular

13 posts

Tuesday 6th July 2004 at 18:05

P.S. Directors had to tell bruce to slow down his punches cause they were faster then a film frame, basically his punches are invisible to not only the naked eye, but to the eye of the camera as well.

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 6th July 2004 at 23:10

Ry, not gonna gonna read your 2nd-to-last comment, nothing personal, but I don't have all day.

There is no answer to the question since one is dead and one is serioudly ill beyond fighting ability...simple.

It is impossible to know how each would match up today, that's just plain stupidity, maybe ask how two people would match up in '93, or '95, etc. But let's keep some sense of normality --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Wednesday 7th July 2004 at 14:54

i have never heard anything more stupid on this forum than
"bruce had a much more devestating punch"

and ali didnt knock out his opponents by calling them names, he did it with his hands and im sure he hit a hell of a lot harder than lee. My prediction is pain

steve

Resident

217 posts

Wednesday 7th July 2004 at 17:24

Lol at Ross's educated, well informed and logically reasoned posts these days! Does'nt seem that long ago when he was the one who used to dis people's comment in a few choise metaphors.

You've come a long way in a short time through training hard, keeping an open mind ( as opposed to some on here who appear to believe everything they have read or had drummed into them) and making the effort to get around / travel to train with different people, etc.

I'm impressed! Others on here should make the effort & do the same. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Ry

Regular

13 posts

Wednesday 7th July 2004 at 17:28

in the fight between foreman and ali, it wasn't ali's punching power that lead him to victory, it was his strategy. He knew that he had no chance to fight head on so he "Roped a Dope" for the majority of the fight. When foreman was tired ali opened up. It wasn't like he knocked him out with one punch, he had to use several to get him down. even though it is a credited KO in Ali's favor there has always been skepticism about whether or not foreman beat the ten count.

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Wednesday 7th July 2004 at 20:15

steve if you are being nice thankyou, if u are being gay then fuck you ;o).

yes ry i know exactly how the fight went, but do you honestly think he became the heavyweight champ without a immensly heavy punch, ali was very heavy handed, no as much so as foreman or fraiser, but still any heavyweight boxer would hit harder than bruce lee, least not mo ali. My prediction is pain

steve

Resident

217 posts

Thursday 8th July 2004 at 18:13

Ross,

I was being nice so I'll take the thankyou. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

hansito

4 posts

Saturday 10th July 2004 at 20:09

lee was the champion of the world ain ma he is alot!!!!! faster than ali and he is very strong... have u seen his one inch punch?????
lis tactic was to make the oponets become tired but lee will never get tired :P jiu-jitsu fever guy!!!!

jiu-jitsu fever guy!!!!

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 10th July 2004 at 20:14

And where exactly would you get the chance for a 1-inch punch against Ali?

True, it's an impressive technique, but not against someone coming at you full-force! --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Stevo

Regular

32 posts

Monday 12th July 2004 at 08:45

If Ali came at Lee full force, he would simple move out the way. 'Wing Chun 4 Life'

'Wing Chun 4 Life'

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Monday 12th July 2004 at 14:32

shit if lee moved out of alis way, ali would be screwed because hes never seen anyone move out of his way before.
My prediction is pain

Stevo

Regular

32 posts

Monday 12th July 2004 at 14:59

I know..........It goes to prove that Bruce Lee is great! 'Wing Chun 4 Life'

'Wing Chun 4 Life'

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Monday 12th July 2004 at 18:21

No sarcasim where you come from?

i think Ali is bigger stronger fitter and hits harder, is tougher and more prepared for a fight. Ali would land some punches eventually ven if bruce turned and ran away, and when he did he would knock the little chink out. My prediction is pain

Stevo

Regular

32 posts

Monday 12th July 2004 at 21:08

I think using the word 'Chink' is racist and disrespectful to Chinese people.

Your entitled to your opinion, however misplaced it may be. 'Wing Chun 4 Life'

'Wing Chun 4 Life'