Back to forum

Hello

Author Comments

Oryon

1 posts

Thursday 15th July 2004 at 12:44

Hey, everyone.
I've been a lurker here for a few years and figured it was about time I started contributing ;)

Abit of background on myself, I've been into MA since I was 7, eventually incorporating aspects of wrestling, karate, some TJJ, street (I never found a style that I really took a liking to until a few years ago) and I reside in Canada.

Soon I'll be getting back into things having settled on Jujitsu as the style that appealed most to me.

I have a question though, since there is a TJJ and a BJJ dojo in town, which one would be best and why? (I know there are a vast number of differing opinions on that subject and I welcome your input)

Cheers "Do or do not...there is NO try"

"Do or do not...there is NO tr

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Thursday 15th July 2004 at 15:16

BJJ My prediction is pain

nTm

11 posts

Thursday 15th July 2004 at 20:03

"If instead of fighting with h

steve

Resident

217 posts

Thursday 15th July 2004 at 23:23

nTm

From your background of 'Okinowan' tradition I summise you probably blend both Japanese sanchin aspects of training/breathing method (nogare & ibuki) and Chinese meditative training/breathing method (Tai chi / nei chi).

This would explain your understanding of my comments in the thread about chi. Welcome to the forum. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

nTm

11 posts

Friday 16th July 2004 at 04:08

"If instead of fighting with h