Back to forum

Grading in the UK...

Author Comments

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Tuesday 10th August 2004 at 21:09

Hi, I am new to Ju-Jitsu, the seniors anyway. I got to a white belt when I was younger. I have recently started again. But was wondering how the grading system works. Im am in a BJJA(GB) club in Great Yarmouth. I was wondering what the order of belts were. Would I be right in thinking that it. White, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown and then Black? It's just that the syllabus on this site seems different to my new ju-jitsu club...

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 11th August 2004 at 10:47

You seem to be missing the Red and Orange, but I'm sure every club is different.

Does seem a bit strange to hit the dark colours (green & blue) so quickly tho. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

steve

Resident

217 posts

Friday 13th August 2004 at 17:58

BJJA(GB)will most probably follow traditional 'juko-ryu' grading colours also used by UKJJA and WJJF, though grading syllabus varies throughout the BJJA(GB) member associations.

These are white - yellow - orange - green - blue - purple - brown - black - black 1st Dan (1 red stripe) - black 2nd dan (2 red stripes), etc, then 6th & 7th Dan red & white block, 8th & 9th Dan solid red.

Have a look on any of their associate members websites, typically GKJJA.co.uk to see the arrangement. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Sunday 22nd August 2004 at 21:26

Just so you know. I found out the grading and it's. White - Yellow - Green - Blue - Purple - Brown - Black. The orange is only used if a person is useless at it.

Nathan