Back to forum

Where Do You Train?

Author Comments

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 19th August 2004 at 21:56

Just curious where everyone's from, where they train, what styles, how often, grades, etc.

I'm up in Newcastle in the UK, training at Gracie Barra Newcastle, although been out for a few months, also training at Phoenix for a few supplementary bits and pieces.

Train 2-3 nights a week, and Blue Belt 1 stripe under Royce. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

the_little_dragon

Regular

33 posts

Thursday 19th August 2004 at 23:04

I train Wing Chun Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I do boxing on wednesdays, Fridays Saturdays and sundays.

I am also into conditioning my body so I do a lot of weight training (mostly for muscle toning and strength), running and other fitness activities such as circuit training.

This is all in East/Central London.

timus

2 posts

Monday 23rd August 2004 at 13:31

hi could you specify where it is you do your boxing training please id be very gratefull, as im from east london and am interested in some on the side boxing training to help my striking

the_little_dragon

Regular

33 posts

Monday 23rd August 2004 at 22:15

I do boxing with my boxing trainer on friday, saturday and sundays.

I do train at a club on wednesdays as well, GATER ABC.

This is located on Roding Lane North. It is more or less in Redbridge.

www.abae.org.uk has a whole list of boxing clubs in London.

Hope this helped.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Tuesday 24th August 2004 at 21:26

Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu

timus

2 posts

Thursday 26th August 2004 at 19:55

thanx dragon, perfect info.

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 30th August 2004 at 09:24

in a gym pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

lance

Regular

26 posts

Tuesday 31st August 2004 at 15:40

I'm at the Coulsdon Martial Arts center in Coulsdon (funnily enough), Surrey

I train on a Saturday and am a red belt in Yoshin Ryu ju-jitsu..(Yoshin Ryu, I'm told, translates as yielding tree/school)

TrapDoor

Regular

20 posts

Monday 6th September 2004 at 23:51

JuKaiJutsu, a style created by my Shihan, and now it has a few clubs throughout eastern canada if im not mistaken.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursday, though I usually miss wdays class cause of work :(

Falthor

10 posts

Wednesday 22nd September 2004 at 21:35

No longer training in Martial Arts, long story.

Have trained in Katsudo-Te Jitsu, orange Belt. Judo, Brown Belt, Aikido, yellow, and smattering of otehrs.

Currently I trian with Can-Am Pro-Wrestling School. Put that judo background to good use I say. :-)

WIL BRANCA

1 posts

Saturday 25th September 2004 at 06:01

About a year ago I started training in BJJ 3 nights per week (in North Hollywood, CA).

Before that I tried Aikido for a few months but it wasn't for me.

Earlier in my life (about 15-20 years ago) I was a Pro Wrestler and trained with Walter "Killer" Kowalski in Boston, Mass.

I'm also interested in traditional Ju-Jitsu but will stick with BJJ for now.

Delanvital

7 posts

Tuesday 5th October 2004 at 21:32

In our own little club in Slagelse, Denmark. We are abt. 40 ju-jitsu members, practise twice a week and often in weekends.

Club started in '79 as a gensei-ryu style karate klub, and ju-jitsu came in the early 80's. Later the karate division of the club switched to shotokan style (the karate division have about 20 members).

Should someone see this and have an interest in paying us a visit, please feel free to contact me.

Delanvital

Delanvital

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 6th October 2004 at 10:41

I train in Traditional Ju-Jitsu, in Great Yarmouth.

Anonymous

1 posts

Thursday 7th October 2004 at 13:02

I'm from the US,i train at my house and with my friend,what style i use is hard to say because i'm a street fighter but many of my techniques do come from ju-jitsu,kickboxing,boxing,karate,judo and aikido,all of which i've deeply studied. Pain is but an inconvienence,all of which can be bypassed

Pain is but an inconvienence,a

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Wednesday 13th October 2004 at 14:58

I Box mon-sat at St Vincents ABC in sheffield

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Wednesday 13th October 2004 at 14:58

I Box mon-sat at St Vincents ABC in sheffield

Monkey Balls

Regular

44 posts

Wednesday 13th October 2004 at 23:19

twice a week at shotokan karate club in brighton

steve

Resident

217 posts

Tuesday 19th October 2004 at 13:49

Ross,

Have you had dabble at judo yet at a decent standard club? You have the ideal physical build to become good at it (long limbs, upright posture), mixed with boxing skill the 'basing' and 'turn in' that judo gives would be a strong fighting combination (you already have some kicking ability and half decent groundwork skills).

There is now good standard judo in Sheffield with the building of the dedicated high performance centre. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

marartsoc

1 posts

Wednesday 20th October 2004 at 00:37

Dr. Cespedes' Samurai Training
The 21st. Century Samurai of Dr. Juan R. Cespedes practice the traditional Japanese martial arts of...

Unarmed combat (Jujutsu),
Swordsmanship (Iaido),
Fighting in armor (Kendo), and
Disciplining the mind (Zen)
You can visit Dr. Cespedes at
A.N.T.A.
All Natural Techniques for Advancing
Fitness & Self-Defense
Mondays & Wednesdays
8:15 PM to 9:15 PM
Fridays
7:30PM to 8:30 PM

10719 NW 58 Street
Doral, Florida 33178-2801
(in Doral Plaza, East of Hollywood Video)
(305) 338-9867 or (305) 599-3649
jrcespedes

jrcespedes

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 20th October 2004 at 08:39

marartsoc,

Use a smaller picture, that one will be removed tonight. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy