Back to forum

Where Do You Train?

Author Comments

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Friday 22nd October 2004 at 10:40

Hey,

Just resgistered today. I train in Zimbabwe. Orange belt and usually Monday to Thursday, but latelty can't seem to block punches, so missing Thursday's, that's when our Sensei makes us spar. Oh, he's Sensei Ishmael. He studied in Shou ling. A man of great honor. My favourite throw is O Goshe and fav lock it Goto ineri. This art comes with alot more than fighting.

This art comes with alot more

tafster

9 posts

Friday 22nd October 2004 at 11:49

How long have you been at Coulsdon lance? I trained there regularly until recently

lance

Regular

26 posts

Friday 22nd October 2004 at 16:19

I started there in March in the Saturday class with Sensai Patrick

The Mauler

3 posts

Friday 22nd October 2004 at 20:06

North East Essex Jikishin Jujitsu. I train 3 times a week, currently green belt, training for blue. I am imbued with the power, the power of 50 lemons!

I am imbued with the power, th

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Monday 25th October 2004 at 13:08

sorry steve i have just been boxing as of late.

"half decent" cheeky fucker

steve

Resident

217 posts

Monday 25th October 2004 at 15:13

Ross,

That was a compliment...I only have 1/4 decent groundwork skills! (benchmarks Braulio 3/4, Mauricao at least the whole). "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

tafster

9 posts

Monday 25th October 2004 at 15:51

Sensei Patrick is awesome, as you get better, you just get more impressed. Officially he's highly graded in Ju-Jitsu, Judo and Karate, but i get the feeling he's done some BJJ on the side. Some of his ground game is very BJJ-esque as if he's merged his Judo/Ju-Jitsu with BJJ.

He started teaching me from red belt when i was about 10, but i left the club to go to uni.

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Friday 12th November 2004 at 04:39

Shin Ken ryu
Oak leaf jujitsu fedration
Templemore sports complex
Buncrana road
Derry
Northern Ireland

Tuesdays 7.30pm-9.30pm adults and children

Thursdays 7.30-9.30 adults and children

new members most welcome Kieran Doran

Szymon

3 posts

Monday 15th November 2004 at 21:00

I come from Poland, now I can`t train because I have my troubles with head after contusion. I trained boxing and ju-jitsu in Katowice, and the same in Bielsko-Bia³a. It passed half a year without a training, but now I slowly arrive to train- now in a house.
-

-

carlos99

6 posts

Monday 22nd November 2004 at 20:42

Carl from Manchester (uk). Tried boxing when I was young,(not for me ) been doing jitsu for about ten years with a bit of kick boxing in between.

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Tuesday 23rd November 2004 at 23:49

I ** **** ****** quite reguarly and the kama sutra is fantastic for streching **********.Only joking but you have to try and get a few laughs on here.

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 23rd November 2004 at 23:55

Steady on Kieran, I understand you're just trying to lighten the mood but we do have some quite young readers and/or posters on this forum. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 14:49

**** **** **** balls ***** ****** **** ***** *******

Kousen

1 posts

Monday 29th November 2004 at 04:15

Hello. I am a new member as of today. I am intrested in learning ju-jitsu. I was born in the USA i am a self teach student unless i go and learn directly from my teachers. I am 14 and turning 15 this december. I am a freshman in high school. Started the arts when i was 11. I train by myself, practice with friends or teachers, or get experiance by stopping the local gangters and trouble makers (luckily there aren't many). I practice every day after my homework for about an hour. oh and i chose by my own my accord to learn martial arts to protect all those i can.

The only art that i have "mastered" (that means i am so comfortable with and am good at that it could be a reflex) is kyusho jitsu. I first started learning Ninpo, the only problem it is a hard thing to master so i work on it little by little as i learn other styles. Next was karate, even though i am a brown belt i dislike it. after that i tried kempo/kenpo (never figuered out how to spell it) i am doing "ok". There are a few more but i don't want to bore you with such details. All i am doing is working to mastering what i am learning and refining what ive mastered.

I am looking for people who want to talk about the arts cause i am intrested how other people progress with their styles. My Aim sn is Kei kousen and my email is prodigy_of_yours@hotmail.com.

sorry its so long later ~Kei "Body. Mind. Spirit. Unite all to one. All as one will be able to accomplish anything." ~Anonymous (Well said.)

"Body. Mind. Spirit. Unite all

urban_samurai

14 posts

Monday 6th December 2004 at 16:21

i train twice weekly in ju jitsu, been going for around about a year i train in worksop near sheffield

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Wednesday 8th December 2004 at 23:07

Traditional I take it? And where in Worksop?

Incidentally, is Worksop still the UK capital for heroin addiction? I think I read that over the last few years at some time it was, along with Rotherham being the 'best' in teenage pregnancy, Donny top of the pops for AIDS, and Baaarnsley having the highest ratio of fat-arsed ladies.

I may have made the last one up.

DEFEATED IN AL

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Sunday 19th December 2004 at 09:43

Trian in tjj on a tuesday and a thursday and teach it on a friday.
;-)

And theres a few members on here that I would be seriously concerned about there mental well being.

WE BOW IN RESPECT NEVER IN SUBMISSION

Cobrabite11

Spectator

1 posts

Monday 26th November 2007 at 18:40

Hi,

I am at Newcastle in the UK and I was wondering if anyone knows any Kyusho Jutsu instructors around where I live. I would like to learn it but I don't know where I could go. Please e-mail me at cobrabite11@hotmail.co.uk if you have any ideas!

Mobstarr

Spectator

45 posts

Tuesday 27th November 2007 at 11:56

I haven't seen this post before!
I'm a 1st dan traditional Ju-Jitsu, train tuesday, thursday evenings and saturday morning. White belt Brazillian Jiu Jitsu train weds evening and saturday afternoon. Soon hopin to start karate aswell! I train at Gracie Barra Pendle in Lancashire near Burnley!!

"Its not the chances we get in life, its what we do with them that matters"

2nd Dan Traditional Ju-Jitsu (Kensho Ryu & Kano Bushi Ryu)

"In the shadows, waiting for my time..."

www.pmaa.co.uk

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 27th November 2007 at 18:20

Does seem Cobrabite brought it out of the shadows, 2004 infact. :-/

The Admin Guy