Back to forum

Where Do You Train?

Author Comments

spider

Regular

235 posts

Tuesday 4th December 2007 at 21:15

I guess I'm kind of not training? Does boxing count?
I could go to a TJJ across the street where I don't get to fight, or back to my judo half and hour away, where I've not been for a year nearly.
Why does it seem so hard to go back? I'm not sure I'm ready for the commitment

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 4th December 2007 at 21:22

I've always found it's just a case of getting the ball rolling again, that's always a pain, but then i'm phsyched up again.

The Admin Guy

spider

Regular

235 posts

Tuesday 4th December 2007 at 21:32

I assume it's BJJ you do with Andy?

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 4th December 2007 at 22:02

Aye, been out of it for a couple of years, so I know exactly what ya mean.

The Admin Guy

Prof. Akers

Spectator

15 posts

Saturday 8th December 2007 at 14:25

Anyone else in the wilds of the Lake District?
Or even Cumbria?
Thought not, I teach Mon, Wed, Fri nights - Bugeisha Jitsu, Thus Aft. Chi Gung and the rest of the time I fish, life's tough.
I've got a really jiggly class at the moment, lots of teen age girls - very jiggly but strictly out of bounds, fun watching though.
Here's a thing for all you instructors who can be bothered to get this far.
The older you get, the more you become a father/grandfather figure and the more students want you to help sort out their problems - not fun!
10 years ago I was the problem, now I'm only good for confiding in but you takes what you're given I suppose.
What I really want is a nubile 45 year old - do they exist?

thayrea

Spectator

31 posts

Sunday 9th December 2007 at 17:39

I don't train anywhere at mo, (Havnt started yet!!) Am going to train at Portsmouth uni in Shorinji Kan Jiu Jitsu

know your limits

xhunter

Spectator

7 posts

Thursday 10th January 2008 at 13:16

I train BJJ in NJ... Im a new student there and I have been training 3-4 days a week...

Agge

Spectator

3 posts

Sunday 13th January 2008 at 13:47

I practice two times a week in "The beach selfdefence club" in Broendby strand (Welltown beach) south og Copenhagen, Denmark.
The style vi practice is Goshin ryu jujutsu, and i am holding the rank of 2. dan.

I have formerly been training:
Selfdefence (old military system)
jiu jitsu/ju jitsu/ju jutsu
judo
tae kwon do
Capoeira

And has been atending seminars in:
Karate (Shotokan, Kyukushin, Ashihara)
Wing Tsung
Weng Chun
Aikido
Tai chi
Kickboxing
Iaido/kendo
BJJ
Hapkido

Suzie R

Spectator

1 posts

Tuesday 19th February 2008 at 04:38

Hi I am new here on this site,
I train in my home town which is Ruislip, Middlesex, It's the first fitness training I have taken up, last time I did fitness was when I was at school, I hated PE so much, but am loving my Jujitsu traing, I have been doing it for about 6 weeks now & my sensai (SP?) says Im nearly there for my past begginer belt grading, which I am verry happy about, I train 2 times a week, Sundays & Wedensdays.

The club I am with is... Hakudakan Ju-jitsu Dojo in South Ruislip Middlesex! My sensai is Mark!

May your life be filled with lots of smiles & spread them all over! By Susan Roden (Me!)

Big sis to anyone who wants a big sis!!! by Susan Roden (Me!)

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." (Anais Nin, French-born American writer, 1903-1977, Ack CB)

*"Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there." ~Anonymous*

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 19th February 2008 at 19:07

Sounds like you might train at the same place a mate from work trains at.

The Admin Guy

Goshin Ju-Jitsu Spain

Spectator

3 posts

Sunday 23rd March 2008 at 16:16

Hi all,
I'm new to the site. I've just opened up my first dojo in the costa del sol spain we train 3 times a week in Goshin Ju-Jitsu and I hold the rank of 3rd Dan. I also have 3 clubs over in scotland that I set up with my brother in law back in the early 90's although I leave the day to day running of them to him and another black belt that I trained up before moving to spain.

Check out our websites for more details
www.goshinjujitsu.com for spain
www.jujitsuscotland.com for scotland

Jeff

Spectator

14 posts

Monday 7th April 2008 at 13:14

Dear all;

I teach my own system of Ju-Jitsu (Master Sawyer's Ju-Jitsu)in Le Marche, Italy (I own and operate a residential martial arts and retreat centre here).

I used to have clubs in England, but no longer. Me, my wife and kids moved here two and a half years ago, after I was medically retired from London's Metropolitan Police Service (attacked by a gang and badly injured).

My system is very eclectic, containing elements of Boxing, Muay-Thai and Kali (systems I have substantially dross-trained in over the years - this is my 28th year in Ju-Jitsu). I'm also about to train and qualify as an instructor in Commando Krav Maga.

At my centre here in Le Marche, I have a superb local instructor: Mr.Domenico Merrante - he was five times national Muay-Thai and Kick-Boxing champion and an excellent and successful amateur boxer. He teaches BJJ here for us, and runs courses in Muay-Thai and Boxing.
So between the two of us we offer:

Boxing, Thai, Master Sawyer's Goshin-Ryu Ju-Jitsu, BJJ, and Kick-Boxing. Also soon: Commando Krav Maga.

I train with Mr. Merrante in Muay-Thai and will soon (fingers crossed and time permitting start BJJ with him).

If anyone fancies visiting, please see my website at: www.mettacentre.com

Love and respect,

Jeff Sawyer

Jeff

Spectator

14 posts

Monday 7th April 2008 at 13:26

Actually, I didn't "dross-train", I Cross-trained.....

Love and respect (and keyboard errors)

Jeff Sawyer

M

Spectator

4 posts

Sunday 13th April 2008 at 13:24

I train twice a week Tues - Thur in Ishin Ryu Ju-Jitsu at my local sports club in the UK (borehamwood).

Alansmurf

Spectator

21 posts

Saturday 19th April 2008 at 08:40

Jeff Saywer ....regards from Smurf ...I remember your ringing the bell technique very well ...good luck in Italy some of us have to stay in the UK !!

Dale says hi too

I am still training away in Staines

regards Smurf

Smurf