Regular

44 posts

Wednesday 13th October 2004 at 23:17

which do you prefer ?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 14th October 2004 at 09:19

Id have to say the early UFC's where the best, not really into the later ones. K1 seems to be the best at the moment. And havent seen much pride!

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Thursday 14th October 2004 at 12:55

Recent UFC's

some fights in pride are a joke at them moment but then some are the best fighters in the world fighting.

K1 is cool

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 14th October 2004 at 13:44

Why recent UFC's ? Dont you prefer the earlier ones where the fighters basically fought till the end and there was no time limit and rounds and had more than one fight in a night?

K1 is cool though!

Monkey Balls

Regular

44 posts

Thursday 14th October 2004 at 15:41

Early UFCs were more of a brutal experiment to see how MAs compared against eachother, with some very uneven fights. These days its more of a sport with cross-trained athletes battling it out.
I guess it depends if you think of MMA as a sport or not.

Its got to be Pride for me!

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 14th October 2004 at 17:25

Yeah but surely to test martial arts against each other the early UFC's are the best because if you were to fight someone in the street you couldnt ask them to stop after two minutes?

Monkey Balls

Regular

44 posts

Thursday 14th October 2004 at 19:40

That's what I said. Read my post again...

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 15th October 2004 at 10:18

Apologies Mr Balls........

I Like the early ones for that very reason its a truer (is that a word) picture of MAs and non MAs agaisnt each other.

Anyone seen UFC3? Where this karate guy gets his arse kicked ? And i mean kicked blood everywhere because "He's confident in his style"

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Monday 18th October 2004 at 13:12

"Why recent UFC's ? Dont you prefer the earlier ones where the fighters basically fought till the end and there was no time limit and rounds and had more than one fight in a night? "

because i prefer the sport to the shitty fighters (bar a few) that were in it at the beginnnig. now it is a complete fighting sport with fighting athletes in it.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 18th October 2004 at 17:24

Yeah i'll agree with that. It did look like half the early ones they'd pulled straight out the crowd to have a go! ________________________________________________ When I win I'm going to Disneyland aswell!!!!!!!

Stretchd

8 posts

Saturday 13th November 2004 at 20:03

I love the K1 tournament, I hope the officals don't change thier mind about mike tyson though, that man doesn't deserve the chance to enter I hope martial artists are more interested in the root of martial arts and not the different decorative branches, flowers or leaves

I hope martial artists are mor