muey tai for:
conditioning
strikeing
fighting away from your tori

ju jistu for:
throws
grappling
tactical takedowns

with those two styles i think they cover everything you need to know about fighting except the mental part of that "attitude" but you can just watch bloodsport for that
i dont know im pritty crazy

i dont know im pritty crazy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 4th November 2004 at 18:42

bloodsport haha ________________________________________________ When I win I'm going to Disneyland aswell!!!!!!!

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 4th November 2004 at 22:48

In my opinion you've already answered the question.

But let's see what everone else comes up with... --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 4th November 2004 at 22:53

YEP.... This question has been thrashed to death..... Im with Robsco Muay Thai and jitsu......... ________________________________________________ When I win I'm going to Disneyland aswell!!!!!!!

Szymon

3 posts

Tuesday 16th November 2004 at 18:04

In my opinion ju-jitsu or judo and boxing. Why? Because I have been training those styles of fighting and I know that it`s effective. Nowdays fighters must know 2 style at least. -

-

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 16th November 2004 at 18:32

What about kicks? That's why Muay Thai would be better than boxing. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

kato733

2 posts

Tuesday 16th November 2004 at 18:44

i think a mix of jujitsu and bruce lee's jeet kune do would be a formidable system

lance

Regular

26 posts

Tuesday 16th November 2004 at 20:23

Why does nobody mention karate ?
aren't the punches, strikes and kicks of karate as effective as the other arts mentioned ?

I train in a what is, I suppose, a traditional style of jujitsu. We spend time every lesson practising blocks, kicks and punches - all of which can be found in any karate lesson. Also, we have regular sparring sessions and use the above in a practicle sense.

Do you guys (in whatever style of jujitsu) do the same? I only ask as I found a forum on another site where a similar topic was being discussed and there were several people there who said they don't use any type of punch, strike or kick in thier style of jujitsu.

btw, I know that jujitsu is the "mother" art of karate. It seems that many styles of jujitsu have evolved that have dropped the striking and kicking element. Is this the case ? Is this why people are looking for an art to compliment thier jujitsu ?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 17th November 2004 at 18:48

Dont forget the elbows and knees robsco! ________________________________________________

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 19th November 2004 at 11:52

thai boxing/ boxing or a thai gym that teaches good boxing hands.

and wrestling

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Saturday 20th November 2004 at 01:25

Stand-up:Muay Thai/Western Boxing
Ground:BJJ/Sambo/Any type of Wrestling except 'Cumberland & Westmoorland wrestling' which is cack.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

carlos99

6 posts

Monday 22nd November 2004 at 20:35

Thai boxing, and jitsu. At our dojo we do jitsu but have a ex boxer teaching, but close in boxing is good, Thai keeps the opponent that bit further back. If they get close box, throw, lock.

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Tuesday 23rd November 2004 at 02:40

I,ll think i,ll stick to traditional jujitsu on this one.Maybe you should try kick boxing as well.
Karate is a great sport but to regemented and it works in straight lines.
Where alot of jujitsu works in circles.
But its up to you try different things and see how you get on.

WE BOW ONLY IN RESPECT NEVER IN DISHONOUR

joeson10

3 posts

Wednesday 1st December 2004 at 06:25

No one was ever beaten by a style, only execution of a style. So I don't think that it matters, whoever executes best wins, period!

there is nothing as strong as

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Wednesday 1st December 2004 at 11:19

We're talking about the combination of 2 fighting styles, not the execution, period! Don't make me sweat, you won't like me when I'm sweaty!

Tethydcan

8 posts

Thursday 2nd December 2004 at 06:04

lance

In my dojo we learn rolls-falls first then throws, basic yawara, and basic blocks-kicks. we mainly works on throws and some submission for my rank atleast. We dont punch at all and kicks-blocks arnt the focus at all. white belt=rolls&falls 2ndBlue throws&basicsubmissions 1stBlue more throws and some better submissions Greenbelt advanced submissions
3rdBrown mixing throws&submissions into a single art. I think it is a Great system. Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.

Some of us think holding on ma

Uke4Life

4 posts

Sunday 5th December 2004 at 21:22

Add training to fill a perceived need.

If you want to add powerful kicking techniques, look for the best dojo/dojang for it (Whether it is TaeKwonDo, Muy Thai kickboxing, Karate, or whatever.) Learn the art and incorporate the parts you need.

If you want to add fighting multiple opponents, try Aikijutsu, etc.

If you want to add conditioning and practice taking hits, boxing or Muy Thai.

If you want to add understanding kuzushi (unbalancing), look at Judo, etc.

If you want to add modern firearms, go down to the local gun range.... ;-)

The important thing is that its fun.

Uke4Life

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 5th December 2004 at 21:37

Final point, what all martial arts should be about! :-)

The Admin Guy

joeson10

3 posts

Monday 6th December 2004 at 05:28

I guess that my earlier reply was misunderstood. I belive all styyes are equally as good as the next. It would depend on you and how hard you train. While most seem to agree that ju jitsu and muay ti are great, they are only as good as the practitioner. There are also a lot of good mixed styles out there such as kaju kenbo which combines karate, judo, ju jitsu and chinese boxing.

joeson10

3 posts

Monday 6th December 2004 at 05:33

I guess my earlier reply was misunderstood. I belive all styles are equally effective and each has their place. While most seem to agree that Ju Jitsu and Muay Ti are the best (and they are great stlyes), I belive that it depends on you and how hard you train. There are also alot of great styles out there that are up of a combination of styles such as Kaju Kenbo which is a combination of Karate, judo, ju Jitsu, amd Chinese Boxing. As the old saying goes "some where some one is training, and if someday you meet, if you are not prepared you will lose".