Back to forum

Losing weight...

Author Comments

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Saturday 13th November 2004 at 14:48

Has anyone got any tips on losing weight. I cerainly not fat, not at all. Just got a bit of extra weight around the middle. Mostly from beer. Does anyone have any ideas how I can shed some of this off. I'm quite fit but don't really have a lot of time to exercise. Is there any kind of secret. I know this post should probably be posted in like, cosmopolitan magazine, lol. I thought a few of you would have some experience etc...

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Saturday 13th November 2004 at 17:55

Don't drink beer. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Saturday 13th November 2004 at 18:35

It can't just be the beer, or you'd be huge. Don't make me sweat, you won't like me when I'm sweaty!

Stretchd

8 posts

Saturday 13th November 2004 at 19:45

Ever tried creatine? I hope martial artists are more interested in the root of martial arts and not the different decorative branches, flowers or leaves

I hope martial artists are mor

sl

Resident

855 posts

Sunday 14th November 2004 at 16:16

Nathan,

Look at your diet see what you can drop from it or change and do some jogging that always works for me. ________________________________________________ When I win I'm going to Disneyland aswell!!!!!!!

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 14th November 2004 at 16:18

I didn't know Creatine would help you lose weight, it causes the muscles to soak up more water, so surely that'd put weight on. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Stretchd

8 posts

Sunday 14th November 2004 at 16:22

it's a strange thing, depending what you do. you can either put on muscle and/or lose fat with it. I hope martial artists are more interested in the root of martial arts and not the different decorative branches, flowers or leaves

I hope martial artists are mor

lance

Regular

26 posts

Monday 15th November 2004 at 02:32

Sorry this is a bit long...

Fat is stored fuel that your body hasn't used.
Fat is metabolically inactive. It just sits in your cells and does nothing useful
A bloke needs around 2500 calories a day to maintain his body weight. If you eat more than this and don't excercise, you'll store the extra calories as fat.

The healthiest way to shift it is to do aerobic and restistance excercise and make
a few modest changes to your diet like food swaps: eat low fat spread instead of butter, jaffa cakes instead of digestives, oven chips instead of fried chips, semi skimmed instead of full fat, olive oil instead of vegetable or sunflower oil etc (this should help shave a few of the extra calories).

Try and do at least 30 mins of aerobic excercise 3 times a week at a moderate pace
or intensity. Your body will use fat as fuel for this type of excercise (walking, jogging, rowing, swimming and cycling are all good fat burners)

Try and do 2 full body resistance/weight workouts a week. Stick to compound movements (those that use multiple muscle groups) like squats, deadlifts, rows, bench press and shoulder press. Think muscle toning not body building.

Muscle is metabolically active. Everytime you use a muscle it turns glycogen (stored within the muscle) into fuel. This glycogen must be replaced. The body will convert stored fat into glycogen to top up the muscles' fuel. The more muscle you use, the more fuel they will need, the more fat you will burn. Also, there are numerous studies that show that the body turns fat into glycogen for the muscles for around 14 hours after you finish your weight workout.

Green tea contains compounds that have been shown to help shift fat and it's 100% natural (unlike some of the so called "fat burners" on the market). Try 2 cups a day.

Creatine has been shown to increase strength and endurance. I haven't seen any claim that it helps shift fat.

Hope this helps

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Tuesday 16th November 2004 at 10:22

Thanks guys...

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 16th November 2004 at 21:21

creatine wont help you lose weight!

simple equation

if calories in are less than calories burned off you'll lose weight.
if calories in exceed calories burned off you'll lose weight.

try cutting out things such as white bread, pasta rice. just get you're carbs from fruit/veg.
pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 17th November 2004 at 09:57

Do, does cutting carbs really works then? how? What a good foods to eat that don't contain carbs...?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 17th November 2004 at 18:51

Carbs are good energy food marathon runners pack up on carbs cos it gives them the energy needed for the endurance. However im not a nutritionist....

Id just cut back on stuff Nathan like bread, crips, beer (haha as if..) Plus get some running in and i dont mean treadmill i mean get out there and hit the park or something. ________________________________________________

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 18th November 2004 at 10:29

Cutting carbs does work...

Carbs are a great source of energy, however, if you don't use that energy, carbs simply turn to fat. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 18th November 2004 at 13:23

Yep, hence my running suggestion....... get stuck in Nathan ________________________________________________

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Thursday 18th November 2004 at 16:42

dont eat so much buddy and try jogging, fatty
i dont know im pritty crazy

i dont know im pritty crazy

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 19th November 2004 at 11:52

ephidrine

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Saturday 20th November 2004 at 01:32

Breathe in! :0) Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

andy

Resident

729 posts

Saturday 20th November 2004 at 19:39

cut a limb off pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Sunday 21st November 2004 at 02:20

K, k, k guys, I get the point... I'll lay off the pies! lol

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Friday 26th November 2004 at 15:47

Ok, you got alot of suggestions, but one more won't kill. Go on the Bio Slim diet and use fat attack, it did wonders for me, especially my kicks........ This art comes with alot more than fighting.

This art comes with alot more