Back to forum

did you now bruce lee used to pick fights with people

Author Comments

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Monday 15th November 2004 at 18:30

lee used to train, condition and pick fights with people all the time thats how he became the best martial artest in the world. he was an asshole but thats how someone gets good thay fight and fight, so those of you that dought my ways just look at bruce lee, before you judge.

O and NATHAN what have you done to test your self,
at least ive been in multiple real fights and have years of training, you'll see me in pride, or ufc before you get there, because i dont think im tough i know om tough. i dont know im pritty crazy

i dont know im pritty crazy

shaolin_kempo

3 posts

Monday 15th November 2004 at 19:38

Did you like that movie Fight Club?
Sister's boyfriend thinks its the best movie ever.
Perhaps you should invest some money in it.. ending isn't spectactular w00t

w00t

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 15th November 2004 at 19:38

Such a bad attitide Big Red...............

My only advice i can offer you is buy a good dictionary and learn to spell..... ________________________________________________ When I win I'm going to Disneyland aswell!!!!!!!

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Monday 15th November 2004 at 20:30

Ya bigred, slow down, you'll have a cyber heart attack, (if those exsit) When you pick fights, it's not testing yourself, it's a weakness, cause you're trying to prove something to yourself... If you really think you need pratise, get a punching bag and spar for an hour, or ask a friend to where a whole lot of pillows....... This art comes with alot more than fighting.

This art comes with alot more

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 16th November 2004 at 21:17

and where did it get Bruce Lee? he was a great actor but he was never the greatest martial artist in the world. pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Saturday 20th November 2004 at 01:10

Gene LeBell taught bruce lee basic grappling skills and basically tied bruce in a knot every time they rolled.
Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Saturday 20th November 2004 at 19:29

No offence I think you are watching to many films or you think your a charcter out of mortal combat.Wake up and smell the cornflakes. A true martial artist is always humble and has nothing to prove.Yes I agree your trianing gives you a little edge in a street scenrio.But I would talk my way out of a fight or only fight as a very last resort.And only then to defend my self or to protect a friend.

WE BOW IN RESPECT NEVER IN SUBMISSION

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 21st November 2004 at 02:48

I'm sure that's the way any of us would use your skills, simply for self-defence. And I don't believe Bruce Lee used to 'pick' fights with people.

He was a great actor, simple as. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Monday 22nd November 2004 at 18:14

yes i only use my skills for self defence

carlos99

6 posts

Monday 22nd November 2004 at 20:24

From what I've heard from over the years is that B.L never had 1 competetive fight. For all I know he may have had a glass jaw. (funny how dojos fill up when he's movies have ben on telly)

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 20:44

one time on the set of one of his movies, a kid was cocking off so "bruce kick the shiit out of him" thats a quote from one of bruces students.

and before that. bruce had around 4 accounts of assult and battary against U.S solders.

so dont tell me that bruce didnt pick fights or at least tryed to ignore them,

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 20:57

At the end of the day big red he was a great Kung Fu actor and i dont know anyone who doesn't like Bruceys films, And so what if he used to pick fights with people some people are like that (however i done a search on the net couldnt find anything about him attacking soldiers and etc.

My two favourite things about Bruce Lee are 1 His Films and 2 His book, anyone read it although most of it is his own philosophy some of it is actually pretty good and he's obviously spent time looking at different arts and talking about the good points from them. He also talks about learning "flashy kicks" to amaze the camera and audience!

So my view is excellent actor, alright writer. But as for picking fights with people that might've been him but I dont think he'd last five minutes with a good MMA fighter........... but we'll never know...... ________________________________________________

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 22:01

As for...

a kid was cocking off so "bruce kick the shiit out of him" thats a quote from one of bruces students.

If your instructor got into a fight, would you tell your friends the truth or build it up to something like that? I think most of us would exaggerate ever so slightly, plus, has this quote done the round of chinese whispers?

Just a few things to bear in mind. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

carlos99

6 posts

Thursday 25th November 2004 at 17:33

Plus, most of the soldiers I've seen are 4ft 2.
And who hasn't had a scrap or two at sometime. Defo great actor, fighter debateable.

kato733

2 posts

Thursday 25th November 2004 at 18:42

I not a hard man even though i train really hard at combat ju-jitsu but i sorted out a few who thought they are

Tethydcan

8 posts

Thursday 25th November 2004 at 20:07

No true martial artist would walk around looking for fights. Bruce Lee was a true martial artist. Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.

Some of us think holding on ma

Gogs

8 posts

Thursday 9th December 2004 at 07:34

"one time on the set of one of his movies, a kid was cocking off so "bruce kick the shiit out of him" thats a quote from one of bruces students. " - Big Red

sorry man but that doesnt make you the best martial artist in the world. When you learn what you learn from the street you will pick up the methods of fighting and thinking that martial arts try to steer people away from.

Also Bruce Lee is Kung Fu actor, nothing more. Did you guys know that biceps his big would actually worsen his ability to perform kung fu? Biceps arent used in kung fu strikes.. The guy is all show and Big Red, you definately need a change in attitude you rookie.

Only the dead see the end of w

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Friday 10th December 2004 at 22:20

Bruce Lee was not practise kung fu when he set up his own dojo.He practised keet june which is basically using what works and taken from different form of M.A. Yes he did pick fights in his youth in Hong kong before going to the states.
And this is not a racist slante agaisnt anyone who is chinese.But i,ve been to Hong Kong and there is a lot of kids on the street that do look for fights.But in saying that all you have to do is go into any town centre in the UK at the weekend and you can get all the trouble you want.

But as M.A. actors go i have always been a fan of Steven Seagal.He seems to be very humble and focused.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Saturday 11th December 2004 at 19:14

Jeet Kune Do, i beleive and he was a practitioner of Kung Fu and Wing Chun and devised his own art which he taught out of his dojo's he also closed every last one them because he didnt like what was being taught!

Try not to hang around them chinese crack den's you wont get your arse kicked as much.

And as for Steven Seagal what a fat man.........

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Saturday 11th December 2004 at 23:06

The guy is dead! Let him rest in peace and stop going on about him all the time. Who cares if he could fight or not.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post