Back to forum

Taking the Mind to another level

Author Comments

Johnny

4 posts

Friday 19th November 2004 at 11:34

I have been training my students in groundfighting recently. I have been asked on many occassions how i keep control by not panicking. They watch me bide my time waiting for a mistake from my Uki. Inevatably when they do I capitalise on the situation. I use a trick taught to me by Prof W. Jay. In times of agony i think of a peacefull moving image-a windmill!
Anyone else have any ideas? Johnny BJJA

Johnny
BJJA

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 19th November 2004 at 11:38

I just remember to concentrate on my breathing, when I think about that it calms me down, and also slows down my thoughts about what's happening. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 19th November 2004 at 11:54

i concentrate on not getting caught in submissions, and try to think about what position i want to gain/control/move to then i break it down into what i have to do to get there, then try to work out what to do if he does somthing.

its like chess

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 00:03

Put the water into the cup.The water becomes the cup.I dont know I just try and relax.If i,m in a hold on the ground.I let my self get dragged around the mats to catch up and control my breathing and try to ignore the pain when i,m looking for weakness.