Wednesday 15th December 2004 at 23:10

That's the only way he pulls these days, his track record ain't great! :-p

The Admin Guy

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Sunday 19th December 2004 at 10:22

:-);-):-) It could be worse.:-D:-)

Thanks for your advice..............lol...............I,m now really confident in fighting girls and your right guys it is good fun.

WE BOW IN RESPECT NEVER IN SUBMISSION

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Thursday 23rd December 2004 at 10:22

I think a major problem with training with girls is that guys are often taught NOT to hit girls etc. Mind you, when I was doing Backhold wrestling in Scotland, I had the duel problem of having to wrestle kids who were younger and smaller than me, as well as some of them being female. My coach put me against one girl and she almost threw me within ten seconds. He laughed, "Better know what you're doing, cos she does!" One time he pitted a Ju-Jitsu Black Belt against her... she wiped the floor with him and he went off in a sulk, never to return. My view? If they are on the mat then they are there to take it! Besides, it isn't fair on a female training partner if you don't go in hard (so to speak). It robs her of the experience.

See how well I block all your

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Thursday 23rd December 2004 at 10:38

"If they are on the mat then they are there to take it!"

Best quote of the year. I might have that as my signature.

DEFEATED IN AL

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Thursday 23rd December 2004 at 10:48

You're welcome. Glad you like it:-)

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Wednesday 29th December 2004 at 09:12

Please note that in my earlier post it should say "dual" problem (as in double), not 'duel' as in fight (hate to think I was picking fights with kids... although some deserved it!)

DataTek

7 posts

Wednesday 16th March 2005 at 14:29

To guys training with girls:
Just be reasonable in the force you use, like you would with anyone else. If you have to gauge, then gauge by their weight/size and their belt rank.

To girls training with guys:
If your partner is unnecessarily holding back, then just push him a bit (metaphorically, not literally). He'll get the idea at the latest when you're pummeling him with blows or you've tied him into a shoelace knot.
BUT, ladies, please don't exploit your male partner's (hopefully present) natural aversion to hitting girls.

------------------------------

andy

Resident

729 posts

Wednesday 16th March 2005 at 15:41

training with hotties is good, we did get a few at Castle which was one of the good points

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Wednesday 16th March 2005 at 16:31

Yeah, that's one of the few things I miss about Castle really. I wonder if (m)any still go.

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 16th March 2005 at 20:24

It's gotta be quite a small club now, just checked the instructors page on the website, Rob, Nilson, Rob's son James, and Jenny.

The Admin Guy

ninja9578

Regular

92 posts

Thursday 17th March 2005 at 00:13

Just be aware of rank. A female JJ blackbelt has been thrown around for 8 years, she can take it (as well as dish it out) Her experience also says that she has been accidentally grabbed inappropriately many times and thinks nothing of it in a match.

Blue Belt - Gracie JJ
3rd Degree Black Belt - Shorin Ryu
Red Belt w/ two stripes - Soo Bahk Do

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 17th March 2005 at 01:04

Good point Ninja, but 8 years sounds a bit over the top - I could've had my Black Belt in under 3 years - it all depends on where ya train.

Still see your point tho!

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 18th March 2005 at 18:14

just remember a female ninja has been training for over 1000 yrs and enjoys being grabbed in the most inappropriate areas on a regular basis. She will use this as a cunning ploy to distract her opponents.

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Sunday 27th March 2005 at 13:52

Main problem about training with girls is that their big boyfriend /brother/father is usaully sitting at the side of the mat in case you hurt them!

alski

Regular

73 posts

Sunday 27th March 2005 at 14:39

ive no problem training with women some of the girls at our club have got a mean throw they dont mind being slammed either.they make good eye candy too! trouble is they talk too much,just as your getting a good flow going,bloody annoying sometimes!

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Wednesday 30th March 2005 at 20:52

Of course, the hardest thing is trying to pretend you didn't let them get the dominant position and that you are really struggling to escape (unsuccessfully of course) AND that you aint enjoying it.:-))

puertorican_fighter

Spectator

15 posts

Monday 7th April 2008 at 02:56

I remember when I used to box, I sparred with females but couldn't go trough with FIGHTING one :(

your greatest enemy will always be, YOURSELF

outkast

Spectator

39 posts

Saturday 12th April 2008 at 17:30

I think a lot of guys have an ego problem about getting tapped by a lady if they do they will say a well i let you get that.In judo i train with some great fighters and yes they are female and can dish out as well as take it.

the darkside is more fun

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 12th April 2008 at 23:03

I was tapped in seconds by a girl, and see no difference, she was far superior in technique, I don't think I treated (grammer?) her any different to grappling with a guy (perhaps I did, but that was my mistake), so good on her I say, as I would with anyone who taps me!

Rachel from Gracie Barra taught me that lesson. :-/

The Admin Guy

thayrea

Spectator

31 posts

Monday 14th April 2008 at 13:31

I know it makes me sound like an evil person but I've never had any big problems training with girls and I've never held back unless they've just started. The most likely people to attack girls on the strets are blokes so as far as I'm concerned you shouldn't hold back. I'm sure every girl in MA knows they're going to be training with people who might have a physhical advantage and should be prepared for it.

know your limits