Back to forum

Vale Tudo!

Author Comments

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 20:01

Right guys i've been looking into doing some Vale Tudo, the grappling has grabbed me so to speak but need some info and unfortunately as my shcedule is chocker with other stuff work and other bits of training i've got the chance for a few private session's at 20 quid for an hour and half. Could prob manage two a month do you reckon it would be worth it?????? Also is vale tudo fairly similar to BJJ? or is it more MMA. I mainly interested in the grappling anyway and he said he could teach more grappling? ________________________________________________

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Thursday 25th November 2004 at 01:56

Vale tudo, NHB and MMA are basically all the same, although some may argue MMA doesn't have to be NHB. As the name suggests, MMA is a combination of styles. One of the most common being BJJ.
Vale tudo consists of strikes, takedowns and groundwork, usually without the gi, where as BJJ mainly consentrates on groundfighting with the gi.

As for the private sessions, £20 seems fair, but you won't know until you give it a go. Don't make me sweat, you won't like me when I'm sweaty!

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 26th November 2004 at 13:00

who are the privates with?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Saturday 27th November 2004 at 17:09

Post your email Ross or get Robsco to mail it to me and ill forward the email on to you. ________________________________________________