Back to forum

What should I get into?

Author Comments

big r

3 posts

Thursday 25th November 2004 at 22:19

Hi all!Im new here,so be gentle!
I wanna start a martial art just dont know wich one!Ive done a bit of karate when I was a lot younger-didnt really enjoy it(not enough contact)and a bit of boxing trainig.I just wanna know what you guys think Id be best suited to.Ive been bodybuilding for about 5 years-getting sick of the dieting!
Im 24,6`2",19 stone(`bout 15% body fat at the moment)very strong,fairly agile(for my size)and quite flexible.
I like the look of jiu jitsu,thai boxing and wrestling.What do you reckon?

IM NOT BIGRED

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 25th November 2004 at 23:03

Your not Big Red in disguise are you????.... Robsco think we need an IP check to make sure ;-).

But my advice would be some brazillian JJ and Thai Boxing although wrestling would be good aswell. ________________________________________________

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 25th November 2004 at 23:48

Welcome to the site big r, good to have you onboard, hope we can help. sl, was just gonna check a minute ago but got distracted. :-) Looks like he's legit, just a shame on the choice of name eh? --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 26th November 2004 at 08:13

Would've been pretty funny tho' haah

Welcome Big R ! ________________________________________________

big r

3 posts

Friday 26th November 2004 at 08:24

Cheers lads.Do you know of any clubs in south wales?
Is there any way I can change my name?!

IM NOT BIGRED

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 26th November 2004 at 10:22

Deed poll "I'd do it, but I pulled my back out humping your mom last night"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 26th November 2004 at 12:19

An interesting site, was just reading "Are there any restrictions on names?"

We will not accept an order for a Deed Poll for a name that:

* includes numbers or symbols

I was thinking of becoming 24 7, or actually 24/7. :o) --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 26th November 2004 at 12:22

big r - check www.mahunter.com for clubs.

As for changing your user name, mail me at webmaster@ultimatejujitsu.com , and let me know the name you want to use, and obviously your current one so I know it's you. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Saturday 27th November 2004 at 17:07

Yeah didn't Paul Gascoine want G8 or something? But he cant? ________________________________________________

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Tuesday 7th December 2004 at 09:52

Havent got a clue

Krustoft

Spectator

1 posts

Tuesday 17th February 2009 at 12:33

you can change your name by deed poll. i did mine at www.thelegaldeedpollservice.org.uk . They have done a new video with Christine Hamilton, it got loads of infomation on changing your name. Take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK2mY2TaUOQ

goshinjj

Spectator

7 posts

Wednesday 10th June 2009 at 10:07

big r one of the best jujitsu teachers in europe is in south wales a 8th dan jujitsu and a 4th dan judo his names billy doak.

ejharte

Spectator

23 posts

Friday 12th June 2009 at 12:21

THink about your on a Ju jitsu forum, what are we going to say? Ju Jitsu of course.

Smile, it makes your teeth feel special.

mccauley

Spectator

20 posts

Monday 13th July 2009 at 21:59

ide stick just to jujitsu because then you focus more and wresteling is kind of faggy, dint learn striking not fun enuth

fists are your best wepon(screw brass knuckels)

domn8

Spectator

15 posts

Wednesday 15th July 2009 at 07:53

of course JJ rules but i wouldn't say wrestling is faggy, especially not to the UFC heavyweight champion.

mccauley

Spectator

20 posts

Wednesday 15th July 2009 at 16:01

i hate brock lesner dude why do you think he went in hevy weight? coz its the easyest + he sucks

domn8

Spectator

15 posts

Thursday 16th July 2009 at 07:35

i'm not a fan either, ground and pound is ugly but he trains like a beast and his power is undeniable. i pray for him to get his ass kicked but i don't think there will be a queue of contenders capable of it. wrestling is a real skill and if you hate Brock look to GSP for proof. BJJ is no good if you can't take your man down. And sorry, Heavyweight is the easiest???......bizzare statement my friend. And like the massive lump has a choice, i can't see him cutting to middleweight can you?

mccauley

Spectator

20 posts

Friday 17th July 2009 at 19:53

no if he was so herd like you make out he is he would drop to light heavy, ide like to see wil win GSP and anderson silva.