Back to forum

Supplements

Author Comments

Slide Boy

3 posts

Sunday 5th December 2004 at 17:17

I'm trying to bulk up, or maybe just tone up, and I've heard a lot about supplements, the problem is that there's too many to choose from.

Does anyone here take supplements like Creatine and/or Protein shakes? If so what would you recommend?

I already have a good balanced diet, but I could do with something during and after training.

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 6th December 2004 at 10:54

I've tried Creatine a couple of times, but stopped on hearing that it can weaken the ligaments.

The Admin Guy

Ryu

Regular

47 posts

Monday 6th December 2004 at 12:16

Hi, theres quite a few supplements out there, but the few ive found to actually work are:

Creatine: strength, endurance, recovery, bulk (from creatine deposits in the muscles)

L-Glutamine: Raw strength & power, bulk (from development of new muscle tissue)

Along with a good food regime these supplements and protein shakes can make huge differences, from my experience. If youre not actively weight training you wouldnt really need a shake as a protein supp, just try to get all your protein from sensible eating. Hope this helps.

Ken is good, but Ryu is bett

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Monday 6th December 2004 at 12:54

I wouldnt advise anyone to take supplements as we dont really know whats in them! Many people who sell them use false scientific information as a selling gimic just to get rich.

Steroids many years ago were deemed safe and undamaging to the body and after 2-3 decades later, well we all know how dangerous and illegal they are now. Perhaps in another 2-3 decades the same problems will occur with these new supplements.

Train hard and eat a healthy diet and you wont need any supplements.:-D

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post