Back to forum

Nerve techniques etc

Author Comments

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 13th December 2004 at 20:10

Are nerve and pressure point techniques taught and used in BJJ lessons/matches ? Are they allowed etc? If so any favourites from the forum?

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Monday 13th December 2004 at 22:57

Some forum members get on my nerves.

3/10 for the 'joke'.

DEFEATED IN AL

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Tuesday 14th December 2004 at 19:08

We are taught in tjj a open hand strike to the jaw joint just beside the ear.Believe it or not in makes you go very weak but we also use alot of pressure points.

alucarD_The_Stampede

16 posts

Thursday 16th December 2004 at 10:10

Well i learned one by accident and from watching Dragon Ball (shut up lol), its one on the back of your head its where your brain and spine connect kinda, but if you hit it just right you can knock someone out, but its REALLYYYYYY dangerous because if you do it wrong it could paralyze them or kill them.... and btw i read up on it, so im not goin by what i seen on DB lol...

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Thursday 16th December 2004 at 14:47

Is there any chance of you resizing your picture pal?

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Thursday 16th December 2004 at 16:56

Or not posting.

DEFEATED IN AL

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 16th December 2004 at 17:25

Think your misunderstanding my post Bruce, i meant when your on your back either doing back to back or some sparring i doubt very much sneaking up on my buddy and cracking him to the neck could be done while he's trying to choke me out? :-|

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Thursday 16th December 2004 at 18:57

I would use alot of pressure points myself

alucarD_The_Stampede

16 posts

Thursday 16th December 2004 at 21:05

sl theres no reason to be a smartass ok, i just said i know one, and if you want one you can use while on the ground, just kick/ hit them in the balls how about that? is that the kind of answer you were looking for???

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 17th December 2004 at 17:23

Temper temper Brucie im not being a smart arse my question was any good nerve pressure points attack during sparring? I didnt ask for a Bruce Lee move. Think you need to lighten up my friend.:-O

I personally dont care if youve watched a bunch of kung fu films nor do i care if you watch them with a notebook to jot down some move! I was asking the true martial artists of the forum who have trained hard and know what works ....

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 17th December 2004 at 19:42

yes they are allowed in BJJ matches (just for the amusement of the ref, spectators and your opponent)

I hearby issue a challenge - I will grapple someone using only BJJ if the grapple me using pressure points and this challenge is extended to George Dillman and all dragon society members

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 17th December 2004 at 22:56

Sounds good Andy! :-D

The Admin Guy

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Sunday 19th December 2004 at 10:10

Andy I would like to see abit of Bjj.We have no clubs over here but i,m still curious.

I practise Tjj but I dont mind going on to the mats if i,m ever in England.In Tjj we do spar,kumata,back to back that sort of thing but we rarely do competions.

But if you would like to have a go at a traditionalist and i,m in your area then lets give it ago and who knows we might bove learn something.

WE BOW IN REPECT NEVER IN SUBMISSION

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 20th December 2004 at 18:34

So what are you saying Andy. There pants for BJJ? Are they handy to get your opponent to move into an attackable position or just crap?

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 20th December 2004 at 20:08

Kieron - i'm a 2nd degree black belt in TJJ but that's a painful memory. I take up you offer.

sl - Just s**t

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 20th December 2004 at 21:34

Sounds like a good invitation that Keiran hope you take him up on his acceptance and post a full review. Good luck though :-)

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Monday 20th December 2004 at 21:51

Hey... Robsco? Is there any chance of getting Bruce Lee's picture resized or something. It's bloody annoying having to scroll horizontally to see someones post.

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 20th December 2004 at 22:10

Nathan, I have. :-)

When you're reading a post that's got that picture on, just refresh the page/frame and it'll load the new version of the pic.

The Admin Guy

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 13:01

Andy I humbley acceptt your offer.I,m a second dan black belt in shotkan karate and a Ist dan in Shin ken ryu jujitsu.So under the unusal circumstances i hope it can be freestyle.Say five minute rounds with the best of three.

Or the first to submit.I,m serious i,ll look you up the next time in England.Maybe Robsco could do refree.

WE BOW IN RESPECT NEVER IN SUBMISSION

Ryu

Regular

47 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 15:14

any ringside tickets available?

Ken is good, but Ryu is bett