Back to forum

Reverse Triangle

Author Comments

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Thursday 16th December 2004 at 15:37

Are they easy to apply and as effective as a normal triangle ?

If you were in that position, would you rather go for something else ? e.g. anklelock

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 16th December 2004 at 18:13

I've tried many-a-time, but never got a solid lock on.

Maybe it's cos' I've never actually been taught the move properly.:-|

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 17th December 2004 at 19:37

reverse triangles are v.effective, i use them from underneath side control.

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 17th December 2004 at 22:55

Is it simply a reverse triangle? As in trapping an arm and the neck? Really never got me anywhere and people just seem to squirm out of it.

What am I missing? Let's have some serious decent points Andy.

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 17th December 2004 at 22:59

firstly chokes aren't like armbars, you cant whack them on and the guy taps, with a choke it is better to use 50% power for twice as long. pull the arm in tight to their neck

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 17th December 2004 at 23:02

Well I kinda knew that, the choke is a waiting game sometimes, but how does that work with the reverse triangle?

I never knew it was actually a proper technique, I've done it plenty of times, but never managed to keep them pinned there.

P.S. Was the enquiry on IntelCompute.com geniune?

The Admin Guy

crazymofo55

Regular

41 posts

Sunday 19th December 2004 at 10:07

I might know what you're talking about. It's possible to sit on a triangle choke from the top. I've done it almost by accident once. I locked my knee in around my opponents head while they was trying to crawl into the guard and that did some kind of counter into side control. So with my knee locking up my opponents chin I stepped over into mount and got the arm in there too. Locked the knee in again, pulled the head up....somehow it was a choke.