Back to forum

Mixed Martial Arts Competion,s

Author Comments

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Wednesday 22nd December 2004 at 10:44

Hope i,m not being to cheeky suggesting this.But i,ve read alot of posts on here.
And i,m curious about different styles and things myself.But would it be possible or how would the forum members feel about a mixed freestyle no holds barred M.A. tornament consisting of the members here.
I personally hold a 1st Dan Shotokan Karate, and a 1st Dan in Shin ken Ryu jujitsu(tjj).

And just for the experience I wouldnt mind giving it ago or having the opertunity to visit some of the BJJ dojos the next time i,m in England.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen I throw my suggestion to the floor and let me know what you think.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 22nd December 2004 at 11:25

Keiran im starting to worry about you....... Im sure youll be welcome at any Dojo. However lets see if we can get this You Vs Andy on first see how that goes....

crazymofo55

Regular

41 posts

Thursday 23rd December 2004 at 04:35

If I was to fight in a tournament or something I'd have to train like I was training for a fight. I mean realistically there's probably no way in heck this is possible, but if I was given enough notice to where I could get a schedule going for the fight I'd think about giving it a go just for shits n giggles.
At the very least I'd probably get a good weight advantage (235 pounds of me against x pounds of TJJ fighter) and I can punch and knee like hell so even under ridiculous odds I'd still have a ko chance. To be perfectly honest, if I won it would be all because of a stacked set of shoulders and a fat ass to sit on top of you with. That be about it. Otherwise I'd say you'd probably karate like crazy and torque me into a pretzel. I'll give you the 3:1 advantage.;-)