New Voting Question

Author Comments
Robsco 1319 posts
I was just about to start a new voting question, then thought I'd open it up to you lot to come up with some 'sensible' suggestions - Bassmonger need not apply. :-p
The Admin Guy
Nathan Addict 175 posts
How about something along the lines of: What's your favourite move in TJJ... or maybe favourite finishing move in BJJ? I've not really been into JuJitsu long, but I think that the rice bale is cool. Probably useless on the streets. but it's still fun on the mat! Especially when you get to use a choke to finish it off!
Robsco 1319 posts
What did you vote for and I'll move it no probs.
The Admin Guy
Nathan Addict 175 posts
Hey sweet.... my idea got selected (not that there was loads of other ideas)... more rambling... no more beer for this man!

Any more idea's welcomed greatly.
The Admin Guy
andy Resident 729 posts
seeing as neck cranks and heel hooks arent allowed in bjj competition they should be removed
"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"
Robsco 1319 posts
Not even at black belt competition level?

Well let's make it BJJ/MMA then. :-p
The Admin Guy
andy Resident 729 posts
not even at black belt level, if its gonna be bjj/mma where are the strikes? make it, favourite submission!!
Robsco 1319 posts
You bleedin' pest!
The Admin Guy
sl Resident 855 posts
Good point Andy haha:-))
I bloody hate neck cranks...never use them in training, unless it's simply a case of a choke cranking at the same time. For one, they're painful and dangerous, and if you can't use them in competitions, what's the point?

Same goes for heel hooks. Tell a lie- I did one the other day, though that was by accident when Adam twisted to try and get out of an ankle lock. The tard.

DEFEATED IN AL
Robsco 1319 posts
I think they're good to train, but to a point, and not in active sparring, you might not always be using your skills and techniques in a competition.
The Admin Guy
sl Resident 855 posts
Heres one Robsco seeing as the site has evolved into more MA/MMA should it be renamed? Ultimate MA? If you do i want a copyright! :-D

It's already mine. hehe :-))
The Admin Guy
sl Resident 855 posts
Damn you Robsco i was going to buy it and sell it to you haha:-X
Why are there so many votes for ankle lock- can someone explain why they prefer it over an arm bar, oma plata or any sort of choke? It's quite strange that a foot lock has more votes than arm bar and triangle put together. Or is it just me that thinks that's weird?

DEFEATED IN AL
Robsco 1319 posts
Don't worry Bass, I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I checked it - don't get it myself! :-|
The Admin Guy
andy Resident 729 posts
because if you break an ankle they cant walk away!!
Bassmonger Resident 198 posts
True...and in true ironic fashion (well, more ironic than half the examples in the pooey Alanis Morrissette song of the same name), we did leg locks at training tonight. And while I do like and use them a lot (apart from on Chris, for he is a bendy freak), I would have thought chokes and stuff would be more popular. Or even knee bars...since you're definitely not walking away from that one.

DEFEATED IN AL