Flexibility...

Author Comments
Nathan Addict 175 posts
Has anyone got any tips on increasing flexibility, especially the legs etc for kicks etc? Are there like a few exercises you can do each evening or something?
Bassmonger Resident 198 posts
Try to suck your own penis- this gives you the carrot you need to bend those extra inches. It may be harder for some than others, but keep having a bash and eventually it will come.

I challenge anyone to get more puns into two sentences.

DEFEATED IN AL
Nathan Addict 175 posts
Very good Bass... Very good indeed! The Dooble Entendre's are excellent...

My girlfriend once asked me for a dooble entendre... So I gave her one!!! Boom Boom, thank you, I'm here all week :-D
Back to be boring and serious, don't just 'cold' stretch, go for a run, do squats, etc. then have a good long stretch, hold each stretch for atleast 8 seconds, anymore that 10 seconds doesn't do anything better.
The Admin Guy
Nathan Addict 175 posts
What would be a good stretch so I can kick higher? Trying to do the splits sort of stretch?

After some static stretches maybe also try dynamic ones, ie, do your kicks.

I'll be adding some details of stretching, drills, etc. soon.
The Admin Guy
trevek2 Addict 119 posts
The Tom Kurz book, "stretching scientifically" is really good. He advises starting the day with some dynamic streches (after a bit of a warm-up) and gives ideas for stretching routines for various training programmes.
See how well I block all your
sl Resident 855 posts
Yeah practice your kicks nathan a sort of kicking shadow boxing type thing......

Be good to see a section like that Robsco , stretching one and a warm up one
trevek2 Addict 119 posts
your welcome nathan,
I used do the basic warm up of thirty leg raises each way (takes about ten minutes) and a few static stretches each morning and my flexibility went up about 30 percent in a couple of weeks. The blurb says you can do full splits in six weeks, which I can believe (I was just too lazy to try for it!). There's also a (seperate) video. Most martial arts magazines have ads for the book and the vid
See how well I block all your
Robsco 1319 posts
Think I might have the whole lot on the PC, which is what I've read, might not be the same one tho.

Probably get some good info on the site in the next couple of weeks, sut still working on the full history of Ju-Jitsu, Aikido, Judo, Karate, BJJ, etc.
The Admin Guy