Back to forum

Flexibility...

Author Comments

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 9th February 2005 at 13:35

Has anyone got any tips on increasing flexibility, especially the legs etc for kicks etc? Are there like a few exercises you can do each evening or something?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 9th February 2005 at 13:37

Stretches...... plain and simple...............

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Wednesday 9th February 2005 at 14:06

Try to suck your own penis- this gives you the carrot you need to bend those extra inches. It may be harder for some than others, but keep having a bash and eventually it will come.

I challenge anyone to get more puns into two sentences.

DEFEATED IN AL

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 9th February 2005 at 14:15

Very good Bass... Very good indeed! The Dooble Entendre's are excellent...

My girlfriend once asked me for a dooble entendre... So I gave her one!!! Boom Boom, thank you, I'm here all week :-D

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 9th February 2005 at 17:08

Back to be boring and serious, don't just 'cold' stretch, go for a run, do squats, etc. then have a good long stretch, hold each stretch for atleast 8 seconds, anymore that 10 seconds doesn't do anything better.

The Admin Guy

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 9th February 2005 at 17:32

What would be a good stretch so I can kick higher? Trying to do the splits sort of stretch?

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 9th February 2005 at 18:14

Yeah, side splits, not so much front, but stretch everything anyway, ya don't wanna be really flexible one way but not another.

After some static stretches maybe also try dynamic ones, ie, do your kicks.

I'll be adding some details of stretching, drills, etc. soon.

The Admin Guy

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Wednesday 9th February 2005 at 19:44

The Tom Kurz book, "stretching scientifically" is really good. He advises starting the day with some dynamic streches (after a bit of a warm-up) and gives ideas for stretching routines for various training programmes.

See how well I block all your

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 10th February 2005 at 09:22

Yeah practice your kicks nathan a sort of kicking shadow boxing type thing......

Be good to see a section like that Robsco , stretching one and a warm up one

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Thursday 10th February 2005 at 09:50

Nice one Trevek, will order it from the library and photocopy the bits I want... lol

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Thursday 10th February 2005 at 19:59

your welcome nathan,
I used do the basic warm up of thirty leg raises each way (takes about ten minutes) and a few static stretches each morning and my flexibility went up about 30 percent in a couple of weeks. The blurb says you can do full splits in six weeks, which I can believe (I was just too lazy to try for it!). There's also a (seperate) video. Most martial arts magazines have ads for the book and the vid

See how well I block all your

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 10th February 2005 at 20:40

Think I might have the whole lot on the PC, which is what I've read, might not be the same one tho.

Probably get some good info on the site in the next couple of weeks, sut still working on the full history of Ju-Jitsu, Aikido, Judo, Karate, BJJ, etc.

The Admin Guy