Back to forum

Training

Author Comments

alski

Regular

73 posts

Wednesday 23rd March 2005 at 20:46

hi everyone! ive been doing traditional jj for about twelve months.just had a hernia op two weeks ago.anyone know of anyone whos had the same sort of op and how they got on when they started training again? how long did they not train for after the op? hopfully sombody is in the know i'm itching to start training again! cheers top website by the way!

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 23rd March 2005 at 22:23

What did the docs say? isn't that quite serious?

The Admin Guy

alski

Regular

73 posts

Wednesday 23rd March 2005 at 23:09

its not to serious its been fixed,doc reckons i should take it easy for six weeks or so.just wondering how people have got on after a similar op.

ninja9578

Regular

92 posts

Wednesday 23rd March 2005 at 23:24

yeah, you probably shouldn't rush that. If you do train do it very lightly.

Blue Belt - Gracie JJ
3rd Degree Black Belt - Shorin Ryu
Red Belt w/ two stripes - Soo Bahk Do

alski

Regular

73 posts

Wednesday 23rd March 2005 at 23:31

cheers, was thinking along those lines.its hard work just sitting on the side lines watching.i want to get back on the mats! still learning bits and bobs by watching though so i'm not missing out altogether.

alski

Regular

73 posts

Thursday 31st March 2005 at 00:22

still cant train,god i'm bored! went to the club to watch tonight,theirs a new lad started who has done aikido before he moved to our area,fair bloody play he gave as good as he got when he was sparring with some of the lads,even when he was taken down to ground level.I'd never seen it in action before,seems to work quite well.

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 31st March 2005 at 01:02

I remember when I'd only been training maybe 12 months or so, and watching was as good as training. Much easier to see other people's (and probably your own) mistakes, gearing you up for your next session back training.

The Admin Guy

alski

Regular

73 posts

Thursday 31st March 2005 at 11:31

First session back is going to be difficult,i need to take it easy but its not the way i like to train,got to for my own good though! with watching i havnt missed out on any new techniques the lads and ladies have been doing.The sparrings been good to watch,i havnt had a chance to do that yet its only just started at our club.