Back to forum

The Smashing Machine DVD

Author Comments

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Tuesday 29th March 2005 at 23:25

Any of you guys n girls seen it yet? The new DVD is awesome! Get yourselves down to HMV and buy a copy asap. Quality doc about Mark 'the steroid freak, drugged up specimen, smashing machine, under the thumb' Kerr. Loaded with quality extra's featuring Bas Rutten, Renzo Gracie, and loads of other fighters. Poor quality.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 29th March 2005 at 23:28

Seen it, and would agree, definately worth seeing!

Didn't know it was out on DVD tho!

Anyway, definately worth a viewing, a LOT to be learnt, and a great documentary about MMA, with lots of fights as far as i remember, refresh my memory Dave.

Just found it on Amazon...

US : [link=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=ultim8jj-20&path=tg/detail/-/B0000C52JT/qid=1112135865/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846]The Smashing Machine[/link]

UK : [link=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000C52JT/qid%3D1112135877/sr%3D8-2/ultim8jj-21]The Smashing Machine[/link]

Note : The UK version is NTSC only!!!!

The Admin Guy

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Wednesday 30th March 2005 at 01:03

Sorry about that last post guys i typed 'poor' instead of 'pure' quality! Go and buy it!!! Its excellent. Robsco get the new UK released DVD it's loaded with hours of bonus footage compared to the old video. The UK release is the same as the US release i think but im not sure.

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Wednesday 30th March 2005 at 01:08

Rob its none of the DVDS you have found on Amazon. It has a new front cover of a guy with boxing gloves on and has loads of extras features unlike the old Video and old DVD which you have found. Go to amazon.co.uk and type in the smashing machine. I Hope this helps.

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 30th March 2005 at 01:20

Dave, you're thinking of the UK version. Many books and DVD's have different covers in the US and UK.

But for everyone in there UK, here it is...

[link=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00079ZB30/qid%3D1112142218/sr%3D8-1/ultim8jj-21]The Smashing Machine[/link]

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Wednesday 30th March 2005 at 09:51

the best part of the doc is theday in the life of renzo, especially when he slaps ryan round the head for going to hard in sparring.

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 31st March 2005 at 18:49

Dave, if you can sign-in, and keep signed in, then view topics you've posted on, you will see the 'Edit Post' link above each message you've put.

I know some people have a problem staying logged in, and we're still looking into this. If anyone experiences this problem drop me a line at [email=webmaster@ultimatejujitsu.com]webmaster@ultimatejujitsu.com[/email].

The Admin Guy

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Sunday 3rd April 2005 at 18:30

Yeah i agree andy, the renzo doc is the better material by far. The bonus footage is better than the main doc. It was nice to see Bas spark Ricco. And renzo spark oleg.

P.s. You look nice in that cap andy.:-));-)