Back to forum

JJitsu vs Wing Chun

Author Comments

sinner619

2 posts

Wednesday 30th March 2005 at 13:42

So, I train in JJ, my buddy trains Wing Chun.. we've argued for weeks over what's best and have come to the conclusion (in a friendly manner) that both have good points.. does anybody know of any mpg's out there where we could see the two in action? Cheers

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 30th March 2005 at 16:27

Im sure i read somewhere Wing Chun had some grappling to it. However i cant back this up im just conviced i read it somewhere.:-|

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Thursday 31st March 2005 at 13:49

Yeah, get yourself a version of Shareaza (www.shareaza.com) and do a search, there's shedloads of stuff on there. And to everyones dissapointement, i saw a black belt BJJ guy get smashed to pieces by a Muay Thai guy on one of the MMA tournaments thingys I downloaded...

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 31st March 2005 at 14:22

welcome back Nathan! Hows the BJJ?

Did the BJJer take it to the floor?

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Friday 1st April 2005 at 12:08

it's all on hold Si. Got an operation on my knee to remove some cartiledge on the 11th of April. So kinda give it all up, no point joining then not being able to go, coz it's not cheap. But joined the gym and working out a bit, not going for fitness at the mo, just building some muscle, mostly on my legs (or trying to) so my knee will be stronger, it's the inside left of my left knee, which is my leading foot in MT, and taking low kicks to the outside of my leading leg will cause the tendons on the inside to stretch, which are the ones I've tore. So it's not good. And I don't really think I need some vultureous blue belt getting me in some knee bar or something in the old BJJ. It'd go down like a bacon sandwich at a BarMitzVah with me I'm afraid. hey, heard you got you yellow, must be able to kick some TJJ ass now? lol. Yeah, I sacked in TJJ a while back. just can't wait to get healed and onto it!

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Friday 1st April 2005 at 12:09

na, the BJJer couldn't get near the MT guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 1st April 2005 at 12:41

Got it end of January... Was meant to be doing my orange next week but sacked it mate its no good really. I have my first proper BJJ tomorrow so should be cool

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Saturday 2nd April 2005 at 14:49

How'd it go? You can really race through the belts at your club hey? At ours we have to wait 6 months between the lower belts, there's a year between green and purple, and purple and brown, and two years between brown and black, and the dans. Sucks hey?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 4th April 2005 at 09:25

Due to car trouble i couldnt make it........ But i will be there tonight, hate being the new boy at a gym.... The head coach has just got back from Brazil this weekend so tonights class should be good.

You can grade roughly every three months, it depends how much you train when i was into it id do four nights you pass people by in belts cos they only train once a week, six months seems harsh i reckon i could do a belt a month easy, prob wouldnt remember it after that but reckon i could pass grading!