Resident

855 posts

Tuesday 5th April 2005 at 14:35

hard.... very hard....

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 6th April 2005 at 08:15

Still sore...... can't believe how sore i am didnt believe how many muscles involved in sparring... had to put up with girlfriend laughing at me trying to get my socks on this morning in sheer agony!

Meant to be back tonight but gonna have to give it a miss till tomorrow the pain the pain............:-|

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Wednesday 6th April 2005 at 10:50

You should have done a bit of exercise yesterday, maybe a light swim or something. I always find that at least puts off the stiffness (no jokes please) for a while, and you'd probably have been OK to train tonight. But still pretty sore.

Did you enjoy it though?

DEFEATED IN AL

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 6th April 2005 at 11:55

I was thinking that but im really sore.

Ive been injured for a couple of weeks but my fitness has really suffered bit gutted now cos might not make it back till monday cos of work, but suppose i could get some running in and weights and start a fresh monday, try and do a full week.

I loved it apart from getting tapped to death its a great place really high standard of training there.. Excellent tuition from Junior ... (sfuk / cagewarriors.com fame) demonstrated a triangle on me the man is a giant .. then Sukata took over towards the end for some takedowns and boxing sparring, by then id chipped a tooth and lost about a stone in sweat but have since bought myself a shockdoctor teeth are expensive afterall :-D

Anyone been to Wolfslair know any of the lads there. There was actually a geordie lad who was staying for a week at the gym to train, now thats dedication for you!

Seriously guys if your in the northwest pop in and try them out glad i did....

toner

11 posts

Wednesday 6th April 2005 at 23:08

where about is the wolflair i've heard about it but dont know where it is. Im thinking about stopping boxing and going to the wolfslair for a more rounded knowledge of different styles of combat. I'm particularly interested in mui thai and bjj

"The fight is won or lost fa

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 7th April 2005 at 08:06

Its in Cromwell Street Widnes. they do Muay Thai and BJJ think for about £80 (i think could be more or less..) a month thats 7 days a week. Your boxing will help with the Muay Thai. Where about are you from?

toner

11 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 16:04

im from liverpool right by the city centre. without a car tho theres no chance for me getn down there I'll have start me lessons again:-))
heard about another place in anfield by the football ground it does cross training, a bit of thai boxin with bjj n freestly wrestling im gonna go down this week n have a look round

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 16:23

Anfield??? Whereabouts? There is Fighters and Fitness studio in wavertree just off the high street. Next Generation based there also Thai classes do you mean this one?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 16:26

Where do you train for your boxing?

toner

11 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 16:28

i dont know wot its called its right by anfield football ground in liverpool.
i go the rotunda ABC for the boxing training but i want to replace this with som sort of cross training

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 16:30

There is a traditional jitsu place that does a bit of striking in anfield Skyners... A really old Ju Jitsu school that has put some striking in.

Depending which side of town your in do you know mill street L8? There is brazillian / mma classes there.

toner

11 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 16:39

the place is in watford road adjacent to anfield road. the guy that runs its name is bernie gavin have u heard of him? i found out about it on an internet directory.
i dont know mill street but it wont be that far away i live in L5 is the class any good

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 16:42

Which directory?

Yeah the classes are good no gi wrestling and BJJ with Muay Thai. The trainer is 1st Dan Traditional blue under Royce in BJJ and has trained Muay Thai.

Your not beating wolfslair for bjj though...:-D

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 17:16

"The trainer is 1st Dan Traditional blue under Royce in BJJ"

eh?!?!?!?

ever heard of a comma? :-p

The Admin Guy

toner

11 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 17:35

i just typed in brazilian jujitsu liverpool n sum directory came up. nice 1 for the tip the gym you suggested is on the other side of town to me but Ill go down and have a look at both of them and see which one i like the look of Ill keep you posted

sl

Resident

855 posts

Tuesday 12th April 2005 at 08:50

Your just jelous your not a first dan traditional under Royce:-p.

And besides, ujj.com should have grammar check..... ;-)