Mixing TJJ

Author Comments
sl Resident 855 posts
or ballet?

haha.. did you ever start training Robsco???
andy Resident 729 posts
rob and training dont mix
"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"
Fu Jow Regular 39 posts
I dont know how tjj would realy hold up in a fight...it usually seems a bit unrealiztic in it's approaches. However, i took a class in GJJ/BJJ...now that seemed more street oriented. Even the punch defenses were effective.
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He
sl Resident 855 posts
Dont know i still think it has its place dealing with someone un educated in martial arts you could have a lot of fun.:-D
It is unrealistic only if you make it so. It's not meant to be a "he attacks with this so you defend with that" system, it's meant to teach you how the body works and how to make it stop working. Whatever you learn, even the unrealistic defences, are taught as there could be a situation where the technique itself or a variation of the technique can be applied with success.
The effectiveness of any system is based on the practitioner and how he uses the knowledge he obtains.
Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu
Fu Jow Regular 39 posts
I'm sure a good JJ man is a most redoubdable fighter. But some of those techniques need to be discarded or modified (hence the Gracie version of jj)
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He
sl Resident 855 posts
indian death lock?;-)
Look, we all agree that training is important. Practise is also important, because you're going to become good at what you've practised. If BJJers/Judoka throw and lock people everyday, boxers/kickboxers hit people everyday and traditional martial artists prance up and down a hall/pretend to hit people in the groin/waggle their fingers near opponents eyes everyday, then that is what they will become proficient at.

The people and the martial arts who came out on top in No Holds Barred, are those that were able to train through fighting, you can't practise any other way.