Back to forum

gutted... absolutely gutted.

Author Comments

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 20th April 2005 at 23:32

Yeah, thump, claim has been put through. it was a broken drain cover, and it collapsed when I was walking over it during the day (not pissed-up for once) got a few of me mates who saw it and helped me home, and a pic of the drain then, and now - 2 years on and it's still busted up. Maybe you can give me an idea how much though i might be entitled to... I've got a ruptured ACL, a ruptured MCL, a ruptured PCL and my meniscii are bust up, and had an operation already, and gotta have a few more... if It goes my way... am I lookin' at a bit of DO-RAY-ME? searched a few sites for examples and some people got a fair whack. I mean, i'd rather my knee was 100%, but some cash might take the stING out of recoverING!

Si... not sure about SENI... wanna, just depends on work n stuff, now half way through my 3 week sick, and they not gonna be too pleased if I want some more time off soon...

thump

Regular

29 posts

Thursday 21st April 2005 at 11:59

Sorry to hear you had a bad slip and trip.Good you got a picture of the defect.As for compensation it all depends on what you get example, as it effected your job(do you have a work history,how much time off work,has it effected what job you can do,like no kinetic lifting coz of knee).But your quantum(injuries)sounds very serious and rightly so would be expecting a fair whack.Just a thought for you, if you are 21(age)and over your case hase to be put before the court within 3 years of the date it happened and dealt with.Did you go thru private solicitor?;-)

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Monday 25th April 2005 at 11:51

Yeah, happened in September 2003. Solicitors are Oliver and Co in London I think. Got them through a No Fee policy thing. They claim their expenses through the offending party. They've wrote their statement and it's been sent. Apparently their insurers have got 3 months from when they receive it to admit it or argue the case.