Back to forum

Shaky Hands

Author Comments

Derek

7 posts

Friday 6th May 2005 at 08:51

Hey all,
I was training last night. We did some MMA striking drills, including 10, 10 second barrages on focus pads. After that we went onto armbars on the ground, and then i went for a good role with one of the lads. Took out some agression, it was great!
Anyway, today my hands won't stop shaking.... Did anyone ever get this or am i just a freak?? :-D

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Friday 6th May 2005 at 12:56

Had it a couple of times. Sometimes after using power drills or such, as well as training. Sorry, can't recall what I did to stop it. Think I just let it go.

See how well I block all your

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 6th May 2005 at 23:39

I sometimes get that, but it's just from not eating right, and your body loses energy, just try to make sure you eat properly, and give your body what it needs after a good training session to replenish what it's lost. a good boot of protein within an hour of training works well, be it a couple of tuna sandwiches, or a nice chicken breast.

I'd go down that route before contacting your GP.

The Admin Guy

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Sunday 8th May 2005 at 07:31

Yeah, I agree Robsco. Now I come to think about it, a lot of the times I've had it was when I was a bit drained and body sugar might have dropped. Also, I think it has to do when a particular part of the body gets overworked and the muscles just don't wanna play. Seem to recall getting it when I did a lot of puppet shows after a long lay off.

toner

11 posts

Monday 9th May 2005 at 12:50

i always used to get it after boxing but it went away after an hour or so, couldnt really tell u what it is tho, what has your training been like? are your hands used to taking this kind of punishment? where they propperly protected? remember we all love contact sports here but the hands arent made to punch things so it is important to protect them adequately

"The fight is won or lost fa

Derek

7 posts

Tuesday 10th May 2005 at 10:34

Thanks for your replies guys. It wasn't really conserning me, i was more curious then anything, because it never happened before. I kinda got a laught off it. I say it was because it was the first time we went hard on the striking techniques. We are a relatively new club and most of us are lower grades. Mostly orange belts now.

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 11th May 2005 at 13:06

Using any muscle, or muscle group you're not used to will kill them the first time, especially if you go crazy with it, then the shaking will start cos' your muscles are too tired.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 18th May 2005 at 17:05

Puppet Shows?

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 18th May 2005 at 18:36

Sl, I think some things are best left unknown - this being one of them! :-))

The Admin Guy

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Thursday 19th May 2005 at 08:14

I used to work as a puppeteer in Scotland. mainly booth work with glove puppets. Still do a bit of Punch and Judy, although now I've taken up JJ I suppose I should change it to arm-bar and Judy.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 19th May 2005 at 10:26

hahaha was thinkint that very same thing robsco.... but sometimes you have to ask........ what do you do now trevk..

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Thursday 19th May 2005 at 13:37

I moved to Poland to work with a theatre company for a while and ended up getting married and staying out here. Now I'm a fat, boring English teacher (although try to keep my hand(s) in with P&J)