Back to forum

Who we all are

Author Comments

andy

Resident

729 posts

Thursday 28th July 2005 at 19:00

come on guys, tell us all a bit about yourselves, training, experience etc.

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

andy

Resident

729 posts

Thursday 28th July 2005 at 19:54

ok then
i'll start

been training since i was 8
tjj 2nd dan
bjj purple belt

currently doing a shit job whilst i set up my own academy.

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 28th July 2005 at 21:55

Thought you loved ya job pal! :-p

Must say, I couldn't quite believe it, or how the hell you'd get into it!

Well for me, Brown belt in TJJ with teaching experience, Blue Belt (1 stripe) in BJJ under Royce but been out of training for about a year atleast.

25 year old Analyst/Programmer working on Government projects currently for the IR/HMRC living in Newcastle, UK.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 09:32

Currently a white belt :-D in BJJ a Yellow in traditional :-)) (which i might add is still for sale) have done BJJ seriously for about three months but played at it for about a year.... Have thai boxed on and off since i was 14. Also boxed amat. from the age of 10.

Curently doing a really boring job waiting to win the euro millions.....:-p

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 10:15

'Thought you loved ya job pal!

Must say, I couldn't quite believe it, or how the hell you'd get into it!'

what do you think i do?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 10:21

the plot thickens...............

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 10:24

Aren't you the guy in meetings that says 'hey, now then, now then, calm down, calm down'?

What's the fancy title for it? Or don't you do that any more?

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 10:55

Senior Conflict Engineer............ :-O

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 11:08

Just re-read this Rob does Andy have a job as a scouser?

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 12:00

Currently a fat, bald boring English and theatre teacher in Poland. That said, trained about ten years in Chang Hon TKD (Black Belt), did about two years Backhold Wrestling, dabbled in Capoerra, Judo, JKD and more recently tried to get into Jujitsu. Also doing Chen Tai Chi at the moment.

Oh, yes, I'm also available for children's puppetshows.

See how well I block all your

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 13:11

Not those puppets again? :-|

Anyway SL, if ya gonna do that job surely you would need to practice a scouse accent? :-))

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 14:05

he does like them puppets...

Dont get that Robsco..:-| Probably a joke attempting to attack my scouse heritage.. dont think you pulled it off:-))

lance

Regular

26 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 14:33

Still the right side of 40.
Currently an Orange belt in tjj
Married.
1 son aged 11 who deos, among other things, karate
Work on the editorial floor of a national newspaper:-)

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 14:43

Sl, calm down calm down, totally forgot you was from around those parts, oh well.

Anyway, just thought if someone's got that job it'd be more fun to be a scouser.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 15:26

Its all fun Robsco..... no shell suits or perms here tough! haha

Heres a question do you think you should ever lose your grade? For example if your a black belt in traditional but havent done traditional for five years are you still a black belt?

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 15:45

I think you'd know deep down what you are. It would be pretty hard to get someone to strip you of a belt, but you know how good you are, and everytime you show-off telling people you're a black belt you'd know deep down you've lost the knack after so many years.

I don't really class myself as a Blue Belt in BJJ at the minute. It'll only take me a couple of weeks to get back upto my old standards tho.

The Admin Guy

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 16:56

good point, I mean I haven't practised TKD seriously for over two years and don't really feel able to wear a BB anymore. It's one of the reasons I decided not to restart TKD was because each time I was chasing past 'glories' when I was fatter and unfitter and kept reverting to the same old techniques and bad habits. This is why I'm interested in learning other arts, like JJ where I can put my past experience into play but get energised by something new (maybe I outgrew TKD ?).

If I ever go to a new TKD school i always explain the situation and ask whether they would prefer me to wear a white belt or a lower grade (heck, like you say, I know what I have done or what i am... a white belt doesn't bother me).

However, I have heard of organisations which insist on BB's who have had a lay off to either resit their BB or be assessed as to whether they are still of the right level.

See how well I block all your

Bren

Addict

123 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 17:04

I’m 35 years old, short, fat, alcoholic, slobby git. Grew up in NZ. Work for the MOD as an instructor, teaching marine engineering to RN ratings.

I didn’t get into martial arts until I joined the TA three years ago and needed to get fit to pass the BPFA so took up JJ.

Trey

Regular

49 posts

Friday 29th July 2005 at 22:12

I'm a 14, 210 lb 6 foot tall bum who cant find a job and doesnt accel at anything but anything.

Power Is Mental And Psyical Su

Bren

Addict

123 posts

Saturday 30th July 2005 at 18:22

Sl, would this be your keyboard by any chance?

[image=http://intelcompute.com/~ujj/forum/uploaded_images/Liverpool-03.jpg]