Back to forum

FAO Bee

Author Comments

steve

Resident

217 posts

Monday 17th October 2005 at 10:21

Bee,

I travel to Bolton very Wednesday to train BJJ with Carl Fisher.

Class starts at 7pm, finishes between 9pm & 9.15pm.

I usally set off from home about 7pm to get there about 7.30...old giffers like to miss out the gruelling warm up;-)

If as you said in other post you are curious to se BJJ in action, your welcome to hitch a lift with me.

Its all very informal, no pressure on anyone there, just join in the technique drills if you wish, sparring is not compulsary and usually have the all important social drink in the pub across the road afterwards.

"Its not the size of the dog i

Bee

Regular

33 posts

Monday 17th October 2005 at 12:40

Bolton...Bloody Hell i get narked driving to Accy. It must be worth it then. Let me sort some stuff out and I`ll come for a look. Hey...I`m still a tjj`er though. Might be something for the future. Oh and thanks very much for the invitation. Like the bit about missing most of the "warm up". Couple of touchy toes and stretches and i`m bollocksed.:-))

"Bee"

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 17th October 2005 at 12:42

Get in there bee... its good stuff.....

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 17th October 2005 at 12:48

Ya probably won't find too many touchy-toes (not sure if that's a bad thing or not), but maybe around 1,000 crunches and 100 sprawls to do as you're running round nice and gently - ahhhh the memories, i really need to get back into it.

Steve, any chance ya go past Newcastle on your way? :-p

The Admin Guy

Bee

Regular

33 posts

Monday 17th October 2005 at 12:56

1000 crunchies yummie. Sprawl ? Is that diving onto your stomach and jumping back up again? Ohaaaa I think me old war wound is playing up again!!!! Maybe we should set off at 8:00 ish and drive slowly.

"Bee"

steve

Resident

217 posts

Monday 17th October 2005 at 15:54

When I arrive there I do my own tailored pensioners warm up...basically lie on my back in a free mat space, rock side to side a few times (being careful not to fall asleep and get locked in the place), then I'm RRRReady to Rumble!

"Its not the size of the dog i

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 17th October 2005 at 18:03

Got some strange images of you just rocking side to side in the corner.

The Admin Guy