Back to forum

defending yourself?

Author Comments

Partyboy

10 posts

Wednesday 14th June 2006 at 12:30

hi im new! [woot!] just woudering the types of situations you guys/girls get into and how you get out of it, ive never been in a fight before and i dunno, im a brown belt and im six foot 1. but is that any good?. what erm moves? can you do to drop the person in front of you ?, or should i just try jap-slapping them?[ drunking pub-fighting ]
. need tips and help!!! :-D

Partyboy

10 posts

Wednesday 14th June 2006 at 15:12

something like this? :-Dhttp://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/16085/Tekken_With_Actual_Humans

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 14th June 2006 at 15:46

Run away....

Failing that and if you cant run away hit fast hit hard and dont go on the floor! :-p

Partyboy

10 posts

Wednesday 14th June 2006 at 16:13

cowards!!! :-) probs the best choice, what happens if that option isnt there?

spider

Regular

235 posts

Wednesday 14th June 2006 at 18:54

I'm only a yellow belt, you tell me

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 15th June 2006 at 09:50

Second option use everything you can to defend yourself.

Sticks stones.... anything

Partyboy

10 posts

Thursday 15th June 2006 at 13:27

good idea, what does punching some one in the [major big vein, can not spell it though] do? preferable the one in the neck

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 15th June 2006 at 13:51

Think in a street situation youd be lucky to land it. If you did it might drop them disorientate them for a bit?

Partyboy

10 posts

Thursday 15th June 2006 at 14:10

did for this big german person, jet li great! lol
it just intrested me alittle, so what would u do if lets say

"your out with mates and your gf, you sit down somewhere to tie your shoe lase, and ur sitting next to this dudes gf. he thinks ur trying to chat her up or something and hes had apint or 2. he come over and pushs you of the chair , you get up and aks why he did that. he then does that gay charver thing of putting his fore head on your's and then punches you u go back and get into a fighting stance"

what YOU do?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 15th June 2006 at 20:43

firstly he wouldnt have pushed me off the chair id have seen him coming, secondly forehead to forehead aint happening( thats bullshit anyone does that deserves an uppercut) if im squared up like that with my mates
its keep your distance try and calm it down (two pints isnt that much afterall) if it goes there ill strike from a distance if hes by himself ill take him down lock him up or pound hm) .... then run away :-D

But knowing my mates there would be a lesson in river dancing displayed!

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 15th June 2006 at 20:54

Sticks and stones may hurt my bones but an uppercut will knock me out!

It does sound like you've a lot to learn PartyBoy, how old are you just out of interest?

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 16th June 2006 at 08:23

Indeed it will Robsco.. I wouldnt let anyone get that close and if the forehead is coming in to touch mine... a head but will be on its way back! hahaha

Partyboy

10 posts

Friday 16th June 2006 at 09:24

16 m8[check that post about people and where you come from], i just well havent had a proper fight before. and that situation i just made up off my head. i just woudering what you lads would do,

what was werid is some chavers were asking my m8 if hes gay then said ill fuck you all over , ? good thing there was 6 of us against 3 . TAG TEAM!

just a thought since ive woken up, why would you want to lock someone up, what would that do? just keep them there so you can kiss them? :-D or just look dam sexy?

oh and when head buttingu just use ur forehead right?, or the top left of either side of your head?

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 16th June 2006 at 09:58

If it's one on one, and you manage to take them down, lock them up, then it's a barrage of knock-out punches they're gonna get, and not be able to do much about it.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 16th June 2006 at 11:53

Yep lock em up, take them down and pound them out....

Dont use top left of your head like heading a football! Smash forehead into nose. :-p WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-);-);-)

spider

Regular

235 posts

Friday 16th June 2006 at 15:59

were we not supposed to consider the legal implications?

Bren

Addict

123 posts

Friday 16th June 2006 at 16:52

The forehead-to-forehead thing. Why do they do it???

If there's not much difference in height, all you have to do is puch one sholder and pull the other one, thus spinning the moron around with his/her back to you, and wack on an RNC, hey-presto - one unconcious chav (keep it on for 2 or 3 minutes and hey-presto - one chav corpse).

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 16th June 2006 at 19:01

no we shouldnt consider the legal aspects...

;-)

Partyboy

10 posts

Friday 16th June 2006 at 19:31

its called self defence! lol, what's rnc? and for stunning is hitting temples hard a good idea?

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 16th June 2006 at 20:44

Rear Naked Choke, or Lion Killer, check out the BJJ techniques section.

The Admin Guy