Back to forum

What shall i do?

Author Comments

Madoc

5 posts

Wednesday 21st June 2006 at 19:23

Im madoc 15 years of age and want to learn to protect my self, and maybe learn some kool moves. I would like to know the best martiul art for me. I like the more hardcore ones like jujitsu and kung foo which one do you think is beter? And could you tell me what the difrent two arts do and are about? Thanks sorry if this sounds stupid but i want to leave a peacful life .

Madoc.... Want to learn to pro

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 22nd June 2006 at 01:53

Reducing your pic size would've been a good start! :-p

I'll answer later after my pizza! But let someone else give some advice first.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 22nd June 2006 at 11:10

Must be some pizza if your still eating it now Robsco.

There is a big difference between Kung fu and Jiu Jitsu.. Isn't kung fu mainly a striking art with a few tricks thrown in?

Stick with Jiu Jitsu a goog BJJ school or a good traditional jiu jitus school.

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 22nd June 2006 at 11:32

That's right, find a goog jiu jitus school. :-))

The Admin Guy

takeyoudown2345

4 posts

Thursday 22nd June 2006 at 16:47

Jiu-jitsu is the way to go if you are talking about defending yourself.

No guts, no glory

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 22nd June 2006 at 17:07

sorry robsco had my mouth full with my dinner haha

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 22nd June 2006 at 17:22

What is it with huge pics??? Has no-one heard of Photoshop! :-X

The Admin Guy

Madoc

5 posts

Thursday 22nd June 2006 at 17:49

it wont let me edit my pic?or change my pass?

Madoc

5 posts

Thursday 22nd June 2006 at 17:51

does ju jitsu have any kool moves? and does it have any striking? i want to be able to protect myself from people who are after me

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 22nd June 2006 at 20:57

There's enough techniques on this site to last a lifetime - well, nearly.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 23rd June 2006 at 11:58

whose after you and why ?

Madoc

5 posts

Friday 23rd June 2006 at 18:29

Kids round my area and their not playing games ether...

takeyoudown2345

4 posts

Friday 23rd June 2006 at 19:12

Jiu-jitsu does have some cool moves and striking. This is good if the people that are after you are bigger than you are.

No guts, no glory

sl

Resident

855 posts

Saturday 24th June 2006 at 08:46

Get down your local boxing gym learn to punch and also learn some bjj if its available.

I also found growing up with gangs like that is get one by them selves the ring leader maybe and lay the smackdown on him big time..

spider

Regular

235 posts

Saturday 24th June 2006 at 20:58

Just get some good disguises, follow the members of the gangs about until you find the ring leaders. Follow their movements for a few weeks, learn their habits, figure out your best opportunity, then take them out one at a time, as quickly and quietly as possible. Decapitate their organisation by taking out the leaders, the rest will be lost without them. Try to make their deaths an example, or try to spook them by being as discreet as possible.

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 25th June 2006 at 00:07

Become friends with the Mafia.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Sunday 25th June 2006 at 08:24

im with spider some sort of sneeky ninja assasination plan..;-)

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 25th June 2006 at 12:00

Try and get a black gi, preferably from the Cobra Kai, that'll make sure you're truely invisible.

The Admin Guy

Willsleeptilnoon

8 posts

Friday 30th June 2006 at 16:55

Here is the way it works. If you are concerened with your safety and want to learn to protect yourself, then don't even bother with the "cool" moves. I don't know what your Martial Art experience is but if you are not very experienced then your best off sticking to the basics. If you are ever confronted, your first line of defense is your voice. Try to talk your way out of it and use a confident, peacefull attitude to try and diffuse the situation. For instance lets say your at a party and some guy confronts you cause your talking to his girl. Stupid, I know, but it happens. Instead of firing back, "Hey, "F" YOU MAN. I'll talk to whoever I "F"ing want." Try saying something like, "Oh, you must be "So and so's" boyfriend. She's always saying how great a guy you are. See you later." Unless you want the girl. Then your going to have to kick his ass. lol. Anyway, if you can't talk your way out of it and you have to defend yourself you want to stick to what works. Kicking or Kneeing to the groin. Punching to the solar plexus, the throat, chin, or nose, and eye gouges are all effective ways of ending a fight before it starts. But if you never practice those techniques the probability that they will work in the street is slim. I would suggest learning your basic standup first, only the stuff that will end the fight quick, and then move on to learn some form Ju-Jitsu or ground fighting. Sorry so long.

Justin

"What counts is not necessaril

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 30th June 2006 at 17:20

Kinda true, but you need to come across mega confident if you're gonna diffuse it by talking.

Don't make excuses cos' that will simply show weakness.

A swift strike is sometimes the best way, unless you can leg it of course - always the preferred answer, atleast ya live to fight another day.

The Admin Guy