Back to forum

New Do jo Or stay where I am

Author Comments

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Saturday 11th November 2006 at 18:24

I've been trianing with the same club for a number of years and they are now going to affiate to a larger organistion who seem to be money mad. The money isnt a problem if your getting the teaching. But i,ve noticed recently that i'm doing the same stuff week in and week out yet because of an uncomfortable uneasiness with a certain Sensi at times I feel i,m been restricted or held back to the point students that started trianing after me have graded past me.

But in the meantime a Sensi in another style has approached me who I know is good friends with my old grandmaster has asked me to come accross and trian with there club. The Grandmasters friend also hinted that I was owed a few gradings and I know he always had alot of confidence in me.

But if I moved there would be no way I would be welcome in my present club again. The usual egos and politics. So the question is should I move and take the gamble or stick with the devil I know and get more bored and frusterated than I already am.

What do youse think?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Sunday 12th November 2006 at 11:39

if your not learning anything new its time to move on..

MJ

Regular

32 posts

Tuesday 14th November 2006 at 23:13

I think you need to be enjoying your training so if your bored and frustrated it might be time to move

Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam

Lyndsey

10 posts

Thursday 16th November 2006 at 17:17

Can't you go to both clubs for a couple of weeks,.. then make your decision??? But from the sounds of it, I'd move on....