Back to forum

Looking for BJJ club

Author Comments

green sid

Spectator

33 posts

Wednesday 6th June 2007 at 23:05

Hi to everyone, I'd like to start bjj and wondered if anyone knows of any good clubs around the Aldershot/Guildford/Basingstoke areas. Thanks for any help.

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 7th June 2007 at 16:08

try our local clubs page.

The Admin Guy

green sid

Spectator

33 posts

Thursday 7th June 2007 at 19:35

Thanks for that I hadn't noticed the local club page. Unfortunately I had no luck searching out a bjj club. There was a club close to me in Camberley but it has closed recently.

spider

Regular

235 posts

Friday 8th June 2007 at 14:46

I feel for you Sid, London will always have some, depends if you can manage to travel that far. Some of the members on here travel for in excess of an hour to their clubs.

green sid

Spectator

33 posts

Friday 8th June 2007 at 21:49

Hi Spider, I've found a club in Hammersmith I hope to get up to sometimes, work,er indoors, permitting.

green sid

Spectator

33 posts

Wednesday 20th June 2007 at 13:24

Quick update, I'm still searching and found a club in Slough training on Sundays, as of yet though I haven't received any replys to emails I sent them also two out of the three phone numbers listed fot the club don't work, I have left a message on the other number. I do wish though that clubs and coaches would keep their contaact details up to date. It would make life easier.

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 20th June 2007 at 17:19

I'm near Heathrow myself and would love to find somewhere close, rather than getting a tube into central London, travelling for 2 hours a night doesn't quite agree with me.

Let me know how it goes in Slough, that's even too far for me (no car), but it helps build up an idea of whats around.

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 22nd June 2007 at 18:38

may be something in the pipeline for guildford/woking area

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

green sid

Spectator

33 posts

Friday 6th July 2007 at 19:43

Good news, got my first BJJ class tomorrow over at Epsom. I am really looking forward to it.
I had no luck with Slough, I didnt receive any replies to emails ,phone calls I sent them.
If I am not too knackered I will let you know how my first class goes.

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 6th July 2007 at 22:57

I am opening a bj club in woking

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 6th July 2007 at 22:58

i meant BJJ!! before any gets any ideas

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 7th July 2007 at 00:36

yeah yeah, i think it's all pretty clear now Andy. :-p

btw, you should have the option to edit your own posts?

The Admin Guy