Back to forum

Fed up of MMA Jocks!

Author Comments

AndyMolyneux

Spectator

9 posts

Thursday 7th June 2007 at 16:27

Come on martial arts isn't about beating another guy to within an inch of his life. It's an art!

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 7th June 2007 at 16:59

Does BJJ not have history and lineage?

I kinda see what you're saying, but you seriously can't say that all MMA'ers are "jocks", I think you'd actually struggle to find one.

You may train for the philosophy of the art, for the history, and the bells and whistles that come with it.

Others may train to defend themselves against attackers actually going full-force and not learning techniques that just look good, but that can be devastating within a split second, and continously push themselves against real live fighting opponents.

All I'm saying is, you train for your reasons, just because someone trains for a different reason doesn't make them all "jocks".

The Admin Guy

AndyMolyneux

Spectator

9 posts

Thursday 7th June 2007 at 20:27

Yes BJJ has history!

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 8th June 2007 at 00:29

Okay, and I guessed you was a bit miffed at the time, but would you go and compete in the cage, or the ring, in a no holds barred?

if not, why not?

The Admin Guy

spider

Regular

235 posts

Friday 8th June 2007 at 14:50

The fitter any one is, the better they can defend themselves.

Calling something an 'Art' is no excuse for being fat. It reflects badly on your martial art if you are a representation of it and are unfit.

No matter how much economy of movement you might have learnt, your whole life and well being will be improved if you are physically fit.

Jitsu-Jew

11 posts

Saturday 23rd June 2007 at 16:10

Andy I'm not sure were you are coming from... Are you sure you know what the letters in MMA stand for? Just so we are all on the same page they are : Mixed Martial Arts. I looked at your post in the "Who, Where, What, Why?" subject and your training/experience looks to be a MIXture of MARTIAL ARTS? Why do you hate yourself? Jock?

Your toughest opponent is always your best effort.