Back to forum

To much to choose from?

Author Comments

outkast

Spectator

39 posts

Monday 25th February 2008 at 14:00

This may be a strange comment but does anyone think there is to much mma on tv now? Watching the fightnetwork some of the content is pretty poor i would much prefer to see some bjj comps shown for people who want to see something more than two guy throwing hay makers at each other and ground and pound

the darkside is more fun

spider

Regular

235 posts

Monday 25th February 2008 at 17:37

No. There is too much 'professional' wrestling however.

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 25th February 2008 at 17:47

It would be great to see some BJJ comps on the tv, but the general public wouldn't know what's going on, so it would never get the ratings.

The Admin Guy

outkast

Spectator

39 posts

Monday 25th February 2008 at 17:58

I would agree with that view but with all the sky channels out there and one calling itself the fightnetwork you think they would find room after all sky sports put on the judo and cage rage and euro sport put on a lot of m/a

the darkside is more fun

ninja9578

Regular

92 posts

Monday 25th February 2008 at 18:42

Any "professional" wrestling is too much. I get excited when I am flipping through the guide and see wrestling, then I click on the channel and and severely disappointed.

The only MMA that I ever watch is the UFC. I think all spinoffs or knockoffs are stupid. Except for K-1, but I don't watch that.

I hate The Ultimate Fighter. I know guys who watch it religiously for tips on training, then think they're tough. They don't realized that the difference between a properly set lock and one that can be spun out of is a matter of millimeters. They challenge me to matches and they miss all of their locks because they weren't set right.

Blue Belt - Gracie JJ
3rd Degree Black Belt - Shorin Ryu
Red Belt w/ two stripes - Soo Bahk Do

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 25th February 2008 at 19:39

Well I've not seen the fightnetwork, I'm on cable, bit surprised they don't have BJJ if they have Judo, I was gonna draw comparisons between the 2, in terms of ratings.

I can see why for some people watching a BJJ match is like watching paint dry, while for most of 'us' it's no doubt got us tensing our back muscles till they're cramping up waiting for a finish.

Perhaps a program that had some demonstrations in and actually taught the viewers a thing or two as to what exactly is going on would be good.

The Admin Guy

outkast

Spectator

39 posts

Monday 25th February 2008 at 21:30

The fightnetwork used to be called the wrestling channel on sky 427 they have alot of canadian groups on there TKO mma the biggest if you like the ufc most of there canadian fighters come from there

the darkside is more fun

spider

Regular

235 posts

Monday 25th February 2008 at 22:57

I've only seen judo when it's olympic, even then they try to avoid it. I'll be the first to admit it's not great tv though

sl

Resident

855 posts

Tuesday 26th February 2008 at 14:58

eurosport showed the 10k challenge a few months back that was really good but it was done in a couple of parts with a load of thai boxing thrown in the middle of it.

id like to see some bjj on their and judo id watch it their must be a good few people now in britain into bjj. and sub wrestling

spider

Regular

235 posts

Wednesday 27th February 2008 at 14:56

Are they willing to pay for a sports package to get a couple of fights amid reams of ball sports though? I'm not, hooray for Bravo and the still developing fight network.

It's the same with the video games channel that started, is there enough footage of broadcast quality to support it?