Back to forum

Ju-Jitsu Club Scunthorpe (Help Finding)

Author Comments

Paul A

Spectator

4 posts

Friday 17th April 2009 at 23:23

Hi,

I wondered if any one could help, I'm looking for a Traditional Jujitsu club in Scunthorpe, I've looked all over the internet and cant find anything. Just wondered if any of you guys knew.

Many Thanks

Paul

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 18th April 2009 at 00:02

Hey Paul,

Not sure of a traditional place.

Think I heard of a Gracie Barra place in Scunny, although I could be making that up, perhaps I'm thinking of Donny. :-/

I'd be seriously surprised if there wasn't anything in Scunny, what you searching for on Google? Whatever you're searching for, make sure you go to a few pages on Google, their website just might not be that good to get on page one.

Let us know how ya get on, or what you're able to find - with knowing what you can find, we might be able to find more.

Cheers,

Rob

The Admin Guy

Paul A

Spectator

4 posts

Saturday 18th April 2009 at 00:11

Hey Rob,

Cheers for the reply, Searched for "Jujitsu Scunthorpe" Went 10 pages plus, but no luck infortunatey. The only thing i can find is 7ks, they do kickboxing & Jujitsu, but they are £50 a month with a years contract. If my job was safe i woulnt mind that, but it not that safe at the minute so dont want to tie myself down just incase.
Yeah i'd be suprised if there is nothing, i'll keep asking around and see what i can find.

Cheers

Paul

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 18th April 2009 at 00:40

Hey Paul,

Have you trained anywhere before? Or is this something new for ya?

I'd personally steer clear of anywhere looking for a 12 month contract regardless (perhaps they're feeling the pinch too tho, so you can understand why they're doing it).

It's still prob worth a look tho, go down for an intro session, but be clear in your own mind you're not gonna sign up.

No doubt they'll offer you some sort of discount for signing up on the day, but if you're gonna be there for years, then what's the real value in a discount anyway?

ie, you may as well go for an intro, and go away and think about it. Like I said, if it's gonna be a place you're gonna train at for years to come, that initial discount they're willing to offer right now will mean nothing in a year or so. So don't be pressured.

Let's face it, if it's that gooda place, why would you need tying down to a contract? Depending on your personality, perhaps something worth asking? :o)

Some places may offer a 30-day money back guarantee, but that'll no doubt be quite strict too, ie, having to go to 2 sessions a week, etc.

Finally, if it's purely "Ju-Jitsu" you're really looking for, be a bit careful of "mixed" places like this. It could be a great Ju-Jitsu place, or it could be a great Kickboxing place who do the odd class of "Ju-Jitsu", or might not actually have any really decent Ju-Jitsu instructors.

Just side on the air of caution.

The Admin Guy

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 18th April 2009 at 00:48

Have ya tried the Yellow Pages too?

I'm from Grimsby originally and there was 2-3 clubs there, can't believe there's no clubs in Scunny.

The Admin Guy

Paul A

Spectator

4 posts

Saturday 18th April 2009 at 01:01

Hey Rob,

I have trained before, Just not in JuJitsu, I'm 1st Kyu in Shotokan, and trained for over a year in Kickboxing, but i've wanted to try jujitsu for a while now.
I think same as you, i'd prefer to stay clear of the 12 month contacts, but think i'll pop down tomorrow for a nosey, see if they do any intro's and check out who works there and what they do etc.
Tried the yellow pages too, just a couple of TKD places in there, so no luck. I have found one in Grimsby actually, i may even consider poping over and checking it out, it's a bit far than i wanted to go, but if i cant find anything closer i may give it a shot.

Cheers
Paul

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 18th April 2009 at 01:21

I'm cr*p with Geography, but isn't Donny closer? As I said earlier, they have a great BJJ place.

Although I guess if it's traditional you're after maybe not.

Then again, have ya tried looking a bit further a-field for traditional places?

There must be loads teaching out of church-halls and the like, but without websites.

The Admin Guy

green sid

Spectator

33 posts

Saturday 18th April 2009 at 23:43

Might be a bit far for you.

Louth Jujitsu Club

Cordeaux High Scool, Sports Centre

Training: 7-9pm

contact Andy on 01507 343 837

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 19th April 2009 at 00:29

You in Lough Green sid?

I'd guess if Grimsby's too far then Lough prob is too, again, there goes my cr*p geography. :o)

The Admin Guy

green sid

Spectator

33 posts

Sunday 19th April 2009 at 02:09

No mate.

Paul A

Spectator

4 posts

Sunday 19th April 2009 at 09:49

Thanks for reply's.

Yeah louth prob a bit to far, about 40 miles i think, but thanks for the reply.

I think donny might be a little bit closer, 20 odd miles, i'll definetly consider it if i cant find any closer. I visit gainsborough quite often aswell, so might see if i can find anything round there too.

Cheers

Paul

Trev

Spectator

9 posts

Sunday 26th April 2009 at 13:36

You are welcome to check out my club. Grimsby Jujitsu club st augustines church hall farebrother st grimsby. We do traditional and brazillian jujitsu.
Trev

Trev

Spectator

9 posts

Tuesday 28th April 2009 at 08:05

If you want more information on training email me info@grimsbyjujitsu.co.uk or goto www.grimsbyjujitsu.co.uk mob 07967979486 trev

Trev

Spectator

9 posts

Thursday 14th July 2011 at 15:23

Augustines Church Hall Farebrother st Grimsby. Thursday and Monday 7:30 to 9:30 for 16+ and we are planning to open for Children some time soon. Contact for details. Instructors are Trev and Damian
http://grimsby-jujitsu.co.uk/