Back to forum

forgetting moves

Author Comments

danny123

Spectator

2 posts

Wednesday 27th January 2010 at 22:41

hello i have only been doing jujitsu for two lessons and ano i am been daft getting annoyed at it but i keep forgeting moves that i learned mainly the combos, is there anyway to help remember them

rne02

Spectator

33 posts

Thursday 28th January 2010 at 16:03

The only way to remember them is just to keep practising them over and over until they sink in I am afraid.

danny123

Spectator

2 posts

Thursday 28th January 2010 at 20:16

well got 2 or 3 month to learn them, its the combos that i keep forgeting

mikeyBoab

Spectator

36 posts

Friday 12th February 2010 at 10:22

not to worry danny! Happens to us all. rne is absolutely spot on - like everything else in life, practice makes perfect. The thing to remember when learning the various moves is to think about how they can be applied in a real-life situation; bear in mind, you're not training to pass the grading, but to defend yourself.

But practice, practice, practice! It will all fall into place.

Good luch and happy training.

CallumLeach

Spectator

7 posts

Wednesday 17th February 2010 at 14:42

The KATA Combo's? I can still remember mine at the age of 17 and I was six when I learnt them! I didn't practise them that much but the way I did the first one is by scorching blocks into my memory. Then I just took it like I was learning my spellings, without doing the movements (because I already knew the movements.)

Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.

ejharte

Spectator

23 posts

Tuesday 23rd February 2010 at 15:49

Why not try saying each part of the (outload at first) while you do it then when at home try to remember it and say it over and over again, thats what i do with difficult moves that I forget easily. One more thing just relax, you can't be expected to remember stuff after just learning it for two weeks, it takes my instructor loads of times before i actually remember the moves.

Smile, it makes your teeth feel special.

connorT

Spectator

29 posts

Friday 26th February 2010 at 21:48

im like that aswell and its realy anoying when the teacher watches you screw up