Back to forum

finding a jujitsu club

Author Comments

never to old

Spectator

4 posts

Wednesday 9th November 2011 at 13:57

Hi all I am looking to start myself and children at Jujitsu I am 40 an the kids are 6 and 7. I have found a club near me called BKR (Bugei Ki Ryu) and it is run by Sensi Eric Marshall who is 8th dan. Just wondering if anyone knows of Eric and whether it is a good club. Been along for a visit and was made very welcome and all the students I spoke to seemed to have nothing but good things to say about it. Hope you can help. Thanks

nto

never to old

Spectator

4 posts

Wednesday 9th November 2011 at 13:59

Forgot to mention the club is in Liverpool.

nto

never to old

Spectator

4 posts

Thursday 10th November 2011 at 19:12

anybody heard about this club?

nto

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 11th November 2011 at 21:31

Sounds like a decent place already from what you've said, you'll soon know for sure yourself.

The Admin Guy

Rickson Gracie

36 posts

Monday 28th November 2011 at 21:02

I am think that you might be too old for serious hard Brazilian JuJitsu. Is serious stuff, not joke. Maybe try something else like knitting. Thank you.

*1995 Vale Tudo champion*
*BJJ Daddy*
*General all round Badass*

never to old

Spectator

4 posts

Tuesday 29th November 2011 at 09:37

Thanks for the negative reply but already got my 9th dan in knitting. Just trying to stay fit and keep in shape but being an all round bad ass must be hard.

nto

mouseamillion

Spectator

2 posts

Tuesday 8th May 2012 at 13:03

sounds like it could be a good club on paper, no harm in trying out the matts :-)
you will see soon enough if the guy knows his stuff (8th dan he should do lol) and a good sensei will answer any questions of "what if" with a good technique.

I train under a 7th dan and have not been left wondering (or un-bruised lol)

If the students have good words then its a good sign. Hope this helps. :-)

Pain is a weakness leaving the body....and lets you know death is on the way!