Back to forum

NE BJJ tournament

Author Comments

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Saturday 20th March 2004 at 18:12

Has anyone got any news on the tournament?

Results etc Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

andy

Resident

729 posts

Saturday 20th March 2004 at 20:24

I came 3rd in my weight catagory (fought shite) then redeemed myself by winning the absolute catagory against some fuckin large guys (this is now known as doing a Dean Lister). if Rob gives me the code I could post some vids.

Andy pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 20th March 2004 at 21:53

Andy, first of all congrats.

Mail me and I'll send ya details to send your video files to put em on my server and then put links to em on here.

Managed to get files smaller than 500MB yet? :-p --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Sunday 21st March 2004 at 10:38

Nice 1 Andy!

Was it a quality comp? Many people fighting? Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

andy

Resident

729 posts

Sunday 21st March 2004 at 12:08

well run comp, had a nice number of competitors but a few more to beat up would've been good.

One of the referees had a few issues to resolve before he refs again, like finding out the rules first.

Rob - I have 8 fights on tape, just captured straight from my video camera (no compression yet), it's only about 1.4 gig is this too big?

Dave - you get my email?

Andy pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Sunday 21st March 2004 at 12:32

Soz Andy just checked my emails now, thanks for the info it's very helpful and much appreciated.
Also forgot to say thanks for the offer to come an train wid you guys down in sheffield, so thanks. Will get my arse down when i can.

P.S. It's a shame the ref your talking about didnt know the rules! It's normaly quite helpful when they do. :-) Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

andy

Resident

729 posts

Sunday 21st March 2004 at 13:10

Dave - Glad I could help pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 21st March 2004 at 14:24

Andy, can you get the stuff onto DVD and just send it up to me, or even just slap it all on a video tape and send that, then I'll do the comrpession.

1.5GB is pushing it just a little. :-p

A 5 minute fight should be no more than 50MB.

If ya send me the stuff I'll sort it all out and put it on this site somewhere for ya to link from. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Sunday 21st March 2004 at 18:00

i just dont want to lose quality otherwise they look shit, I got one fight down to 12mb pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 21st March 2004 at 18:11

You don't lose (much) quality if you're using the right codecs and know what you're doing.

To get em on the net you need to get em down to abt 30-40MB.

Get the DivX ones codecs and render it at 320x240. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Wednesday 24th March 2004 at 21:43

NEBJJ Semi Final(31MB)

NEBJJ Final(31MB)
pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Monday 29th March 2004 at 18:08

Well done Andy for winning your fight, I would have been there to see it had Rob not been such a lazy git.

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 29th March 2004 at 21:24

thanks, err who are you? pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Tuesday 30th March 2004 at 09:39

Well that would have been explained had Rob not deleted it all because "it wasn't appropriate for the discussion". I'm Jen, a mate of Rob's. I've seen a lot of films of you fighting - you're really good!

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Tuesday 30th March 2004 at 09:41

Well that would have been explain had Rob not deleted it all because apparntly it "wasn't appropriate to the discussion". I'm Jen a mate of Rob's. I've seen a few films of you fighting - you're really good.

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 30th March 2004 at 18:27

Thanks, you make up for Rob deleting your post by posting twice? I like your style
pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Tuesday 30th March 2004 at 18:54

Haha, yeah I didn't intend to do that. Rob's site is just a bit retarded occasionally (don't tell him I said that). Are you going to fight in April? Rob says there's some big thing he wants to do and he said if he does he might have a chance of fighting you cause you've not be promoted yet. I don't think he'll have done enough training by then though (he's been to training a grand total of once this year!) Give him a kick for me to swing him into the fighting spirit.

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 30th March 2004 at 19:07

Hey hey kiddies, I said we 'might' be in the same bracket, time to swipe that £50 Andy. :o)

Only kidding, obviously, do you have a rough guess at how many will be in my weight, prob will be weighing in at 69 or 70.

what do you weigh these days anyway?

Oh yeah, you'll have mail soon Andy, got a question to ask. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 30th March 2004 at 19:12

only a bit retarded?

Rob - whats the point in weighing in at 70kg, the weight brackets are under 67 or under 73, be the top weight, plus weigh in is with gi ,3kg allowance, so under 70 or under 76, if you have a light gi you can weigh more.

you can find out on the day what weight class i'll be in. pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 30th March 2004 at 19:15

Well no matter what I try I always manage to weight in at abt 69.

Not really too fussy what weight class I'll be in, I'm there to fight whoever.

But just let me know if I need to start piling on the pounds to stay away from you! :o)

When Vitor here again? The sat a week before or the sat just before? --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy