Back to forum

Does the knowledge you have scare you sometimes

Author Comments

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Friday 22nd October 2004 at 10:45

I've been doing Ju-jitsu for 9 months and the knowlegde I have scares me sometimes, i could easily kill some one in ten seconds with the right strike....... What do you have to say? This art comes with alot more than fighting.

This art comes with alot more

steve

Resident

217 posts

Friday 22nd October 2004 at 17:58

Don't worry...you couldnt unless they let you or you caught them by surprise.

After many years of perfecting your fighting skills it is still not that easy to apply them to get a result in a real street type confrontation against someone who has half a will to fight back. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 23rd October 2004 at 03:57

true, but there's always that time wihen ya dare to mate gto do their worst, and it shocked. and many other prople rrthe people theoplre are feeinmlijg thethe dazsame/.

lets see what the thee gtreat brigsish niogasina is made msoid,
--------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 23rd October 2004 at 12:58

hehe, okay, maybe i had one too many last night! :o)

well it was my boss's 50th. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Saturday 23rd October 2004 at 14:57

F*** ME ROBSCO, beer and typing doesnt mix ! hahaha

What was the point you were trying to get a cross?

Anyone done any drunken Ju Jitsu/MA , i mean youve had a good few and decided to show your mates non jitsu/MA type people a few things (Not that im condoning being drunk and attacking your friends). You know what im talking about...... ________________________________________________ When I win I'm going to Disneyland aswell!!!!!!!

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 24th October 2004 at 16:40

Like I remember what I was trying to say! :o)
--------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Tuesday 26th October 2004 at 06:40

Okay then...... Robsco, I think AA is calling your name, anyway, had a good talk with my sensei and he says it's my temper that controls my strength.
And the point i was trying to put across sl is that when fighting some one that doesn't train, i could hurt them bad, i realised that this past week end when i almost broke my boyfriends shoulder. it wasn't funny, so I suggest those of you who have babes that do Ju jitsu: DO NOT RECIEVE PHONE CALLS FROM YOUR EX THEN TRY AND HID YOUR PHONE SO THAT THEY DON'T CHECK IT, THEN STILL TRY AND FIGHT FOR THE PHONE..... This art comes with alot more than fighting.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Tuesday 26th October 2004 at 19:39

I know what you mean senti..

I was just posing a follow up after Robsco was drunk and typing! ________________________________________________ When I win I'm going to Disneyland aswell!!!!!!!

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 26th October 2004 at 20:22

Hey Sentinal,

Play fighting with a boyfriend or girlfriend doesn't quite cut it, because they don't feel that much in danger.

On the streets against an obviously aggressive opponent would be quite different. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Wednesday 27th October 2004 at 08:19

This art comes with alot more than fighting.

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Wednesday 27th October 2004 at 08:22

I suppose you're right, but it still feels i like could hurt some one that got on lmy last nerve. When was this site started and what is the majority age here, cause I was looking in the guest book and some people have Dan, that's like a really advanced belt, make me feel really young...... Oh and how do I put a picture under my user name? This art comes with alot more than fighting.

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Wednesday 27th October 2004 at 08:22

I suppose you're right, but it still feels like could hurt some one that got on lmy last nerve. When was this site started and what is the majority age here, cause I was looking in the guest book and some people have Dan, that's like a really advanced belt, make me feel really young...... Oh and how do I put a picture under my user name? This art comes with alot more than fighting.

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 27th October 2004 at 11:43

The site has been running for around 2-3 years now, but don't worry about the dans, anyone could get a dan in around 2 years.

As for a picture, make sure you're logged in, at the top of the forum there is a link to 'Login'. Then it should say you're logged in at the top, if not, check your 'Cookie' settings in your web-browser and try again.

Once you're logged in, there'll be a link to 'Edit Your Profile', then you can type in a link to your picture, but this needs to be hosted on another website.

I'm working on some enhancements to the forum, along with a few other things, after which, you'll be able to upload your picture to the server hosting this site. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 27th October 2004 at 18:46

At any particular club Robsco? ________________________________________________ When I win I'm going to Disneyland aswell!!!!!!!

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 28th October 2004 at 17:24

I train at Gracie Barra Newcastle, but not been back for a few months, concentrating on career at the minute in a new job. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 29th October 2004 at 09:49

Career my arse.

That's not an invitation, by the way. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

fingercuffs

Regular

33 posts

Friday 29th October 2004 at 12:24

The knowledge i have sometimes scares me. for example, an ostriches eye is bigger than it's brain. Duck billed platypuses are the only mammals that lay eggs. It is very difficult to lick your own elbow

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 29th October 2004 at 15:59

Difficult? I thought that one was impossible. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Johnny

4 posts

Saturday 30th October 2004 at 11:28

I have been fighting all my life since a child.When i started Ju Jitsu in 97 my knowledge of fighting had been limited to street and pub/club confrontations. The majority of which i had handled myself pretty well.I started at a local British ju Jitsu club really if i am honest to enhance my fighting skills.(Mainly for the wrong reasons). Luckily Ju Jitsu has settled my aggression down. It has taught me maximum amount of respect not only for my Uki (training partner)and Sensei (teacher) but more importantly my opponent. I recall trainiing one evening. My Sensei demonstrated a throw- which on its own can be if needed, 'devastating'. For those who know Soto Maki Komi will agree. The end result you have Uki under the Sensei. The Sensei went on to say "From here we pause to think. How dangerous is your opponent. Can he kill or Maim you still? The next strike that i shall deliver at best will blind at worst will kill".
I stopped to think of the position i would be in, happy to start a brawl with however wanted it in the pub, if the opponent was a practitioner of a martial art. The move itself is technical. The theory of the practise is very grounding on many levels. I class any martial art (especially Ju Jitsu) as a weapon. Any decent Jitsuka with any self respect should definately be wary of the knowledge that he or she possess. Take the 18 year old blade carrying youth. He may carry the blade in order to prevent the fight from happening. I.e saying "you come at me and i am going to stab yah" using it as a preventative measure. Until his confidence grows, knowing that he has a fight stopper in his armoury, he can do as he wishes. This is where the danger is. Over confidence. With this attitude and him relying on that Weapon be it a blade or our this case a martial art we cannot afford to not be scared of what we can do. For what we know and have been taught-another can ultimately be the Teacher.
Keep safe. Johnny BJJA

Johnny
BJJA

fingercuffs

Regular

33 posts

Monday 8th November 2004 at 10:05

Rob, for you or i, the licking of our own elbow would be impossible. However, for less fortunate individuals who may have some kind of physical impairment (thalydomide arms...?) it may be achievable. Small consolation under the circumstances. I was just trying to be equal ops.