Back to forum

is it bad to street fight

Author Comments

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Wednesday 10th November 2004 at 18:33

first off i dont fight any body that doesnt want to fight, I just like to fight,but some senseis kick you out of there club for fighting out side off the club i dont know im pritty crazy

i dont know im pritty crazy

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 10th November 2004 at 22:10

I enjoy grappling and vale-tudo, but not all-out street fighting, cos let's face it, the guys you'd meet on the street don't know knack-all, where's the fun in that? --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Thursday 11th November 2004 at 19:21

first off, you dont know what its like to live were i live, everybody knows something, its a tourist town in the summer our population quatrupals, no lie

second,it doesent matter what style of fighting you practice, a good fighter is a good fighter,

third, dont get me wrong grappleing is great but you seem to think that there is only grappling in a fight, thats not true, thats why I dont use my ju jitsu in a fight unless im loseing bad, I try and work on my striking.

forth, have you ever been in a real fight with someone tuff?
or even been punched in the face once.

im not trying to insult you but I just think that you dont know everything about fighting, dont worry ether do I , no body does,
all we can do is keep training,

so when your training for a fight, Ill really fight. i dont know im pritty crazy

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Thursday 11th November 2004 at 21:01

Where you from Big Red... Sounds kinda tough for a tourist town... I come from a seaside tourist town, and it's not as tought of your's sounds... Is it the Bronx?

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Thursday 11th November 2004 at 21:27

Im from kenora, ontario, canada. and it gets pritty bad here sometimes
more and more people are starting to carry weapons,like one of my friends which is crapy! but i guess you have to protect your self right?
i just chose to use my training insted i dont know im pritty crazy

BJJ fighter from montreal

1 posts

Thursday 11th November 2004 at 23:29

Keep your strengh and talent for important battles( political, to protect your friends in trouble, defense against unknown attacker, ect) Beating anybody (especially non-martial arts fighters)just like that, for fun, is very coward... ajime!!

ajime!!

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Friday 12th November 2004 at 04:27

Bigred you are full of negative chi my friend.Violence is not the answer and you sound like an angry young man who will end up getting hurt.
If you dont learn to control your emotions you will make mistakes.No matter how good you are its always better to talk your way out of a confrontation or run away.Your art should only be used as a very last resort.I have seen students learn quickly and get to confident in the street and getting hurt. Kieran Doran

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 12th November 2004 at 12:11

The question was, is it bad to street fight? And yes it is, I think we can all agree on that.

Bigred, you sound like you're nearly going around looking for trouble.

Any martial arts training should be used for self defence only when on the streets.

I'm sure we all work on all aspects of martial arts for what we all want to get out of it. For you it sounds like (hopefully) for self defence.

I've haven't seen many street fights that end with both people stood up exchanging punches, and blieve me, I've een plenty. Whether anyone wants to go down to the ground has nothing to do with it, it just happens, and that's why I train BJJ, so if I ever am so unfortunate to find myself in that situation, I won't tire myself out trying to punch the guys lights out while he does the same to me - Far too knackering for my liking. :o) --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Friday 12th November 2004 at 18:30

thanks for replying to my question guys but i think your all getting the wrong picture thou.

1. if i do fight someone its because my freinds set up a fight for me so its not for anger or any thing like that

2. i fight in real situaions because thats about all the trianing i can aford

3. I try and fight people that are known for being tuff. so its not like im (just betting people up) Im not like that

4. most of my fights end up with both of us being friends. i dont know im pritty crazy

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 12th November 2004 at 21:30

So...

1. your friends put you up for fights? Are not seeing through this yet?

2. Find somehwre decent to train, even if it costs you a few pounds or dollars a week, you are seriously playing with fire.

3. Well atleast you 'think' they're tough, but still no reason to fight them in an all-out street fight, if ya wanna do that, enter some NHB competitions.

4. On the NHB and Vale-Tudo front, that's nothing different. If I fight someone (all being only one fight) I don't have any bad feelings about the guy, and you hardly ever see bad blood between two fighters who fight at the highest level (Pride, UFC, etc.).

--------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy