Back to forum

Nerve techniques etc

Author Comments

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 18:03

Kieran, when you say freestyle, are you talking Pro/Semi Pro NHB? Cos I don't think Andy would be looking for much less.

The Admin Guy

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 21:21

Robsco i,m 33 and have been doing M.A. since I was thirteen.I,m also a qualified instructor.Your rules my game and if anyone would like to bet we will donate the winnings to a charity of the winners choice.

Are you guys up for it or what?

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 21:24

No problem full contact if you like

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 21:25

I don't think that's an offer Andy could refuse.

Just think we need to get something organised asap.

Andy, what's your thoughts?

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 21:43

Hang on...am I reading this right? BJJ against pressure points? I think we need some rules defining, or it could be a bit one-sided.

Also, where is this Kieran based? I'm guessing America, so I can't see this whole thing happening. It'd be interesting if it did though.

DEFEATED IN AL

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 22:06

my challenge was bjj vs pressure points but has seemingly be turned into kieron wanting an mma match with me :-O, how rude!

Kieron - I've been doing MA since I was 8 and am now 24, I'm also a qualified instructor.

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 22:10

I think he's from Ireland.

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 21st December 2004 at 22:38

Well it certainly sounds that way, I just wanna see the outcome! :-D

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 22nd December 2004 at 08:12

Well guys looks like its on so to speak! Keiron get yourself an easyjet into liverpool its only about £7 return something stupid like that from belfast. Sure you could find a venue round the northwest to settle this :-D We have cage fighting in liverpool now maybe sort it with the promoter.

Alien

20 posts

Wednesday 22nd December 2004 at 08:54

Let me guess this right

Pressure point fighting against BJJ - Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

As much as I admire any Martial Artist and what they have achieved from Karate to Judo I can not see pressure point working against a skilled BJJ fighter in a one on one fight.

As I would see it (and not that I know) the concentration alone in just defending yourself from avoiding locks / chokes / armbars will allow no time at all for finding pressure points let alone getting these on.

BJJ fighters do not stay still - constantly working to achive there goal.

Sorry I see this as a no contest.

If this goes the MMA / Vale Tudo route where strikes are allowed then there is no chance pressure points are going to work.

This is just my view but can't some how see BJJ losing

"hell ain't a bad place to be"

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Wednesday 22nd December 2004 at 10:34

No problem your rules my game.You can even make it full contact if you like.

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Wednesday 29th December 2004 at 08:52

I know the Gracie family were originally from Scotland but was it Edinburgh? That might explain the constant 'eh', eh? BTW, what does 'puto' mean?

See how well I block all your

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 29th December 2004 at 10:37

Quick Google search brought this up.

spanish word for a male prostitute. sometimes it´s offensive for homosexuals. in mexico it is used for cowards and traitors.

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Friday 31st December 2004 at 08:33

Interesting, thanks a lot. Next question, what did the puto do the first time that means he gets his neck broken the next time (and why is he hanging around with so many putos?)

See how well I block all your

steve

Resident

217 posts

Saturday 1st January 2005 at 19:10

Haven't entered the melee for some time but could not resist this one.

Nerve / pressure points = places to apply pressure (strike or compression) to cause pain or interruption to normal bodily function...errr....punch to anywhere nerve runs over bone or tissue...say jaw, kick to similar...say shin, hip or b*llocks, strangulation (kata gatame) affecting vagal (sp?) nerve, joint lock of any sort...say armbar, poke in eye...nip of skin..., etc,etc...

Basically any sort of attack which hurts is a 'nerve attack' and for what its worth I agree that with Andy (not for the first time) that any of this so called targetted accupressure stuff delivered against a resistive opponent (as during a sparring session) is unlikely to be able to acheive, or have any significant immediate influence on the situation.

Maybe a strike to 'gall bladder 3' may cause the opponent to p*ss sideways for the next 10 years, who knows?:-O

"Its not the size of the dog i